what about speed?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

what about speed?

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I've installed the Mediamonkey yesterday. For testing I have added 679 tracks to the library. This was a very slow procedure, but it's ok ...

But now, when I click for example on the "title"-item at the left side, it will take nearly 30 seconds to list all the titles! How long does it take to list about 10000 titles? Or is there something I have set wrong or installed incorrectly?

My system is an AMD XP 2200+ / 512 MB RAM / 80 GB HDD / Windows 98 SE

greetings from Germany
André
jiri

Post by jiri »

Andre,

I have already written a couple of times to this forum why MediaMonkey is a bit slower than some other applications, maybe you have seen it and understand that there are good reasons. However, on that quite fast machine you have showing of 679 tracks in 'title' node should take less than 1 second, if it takes so long, then there must be something wrong. It might be interesting if you could check if it isn't caused by some other background activity, send me a debug log as described in http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69 and possibly even an output of SysInfo utility (can be executed from the About box).

Jiri
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

windows 98 does not see large hard drive too well and might have it listed as running in compatiablity mode. that is what mine is listed as and it does seem to slow things up a bit in that compaitblity mode.

if that is what is going on you can only get that corrected by buying windows xp and then it should see the large hard drive with out using the compatiblity mode.

check to see if it is using that mode by right clicking on the "my computer " icon on the desk top and then on "properties" then when you see the drive's panel look for the " preformance " tab and click that.

it should say on the bottom of that tab in a text area what the hard drive is running in.

if it shows no text area then it is not in compatibility mode.

now click the button for "virtural Memory" look how you have it set up.

if it is on let windows decide then chang it. make your swap file maximum at 2250 mb's and the minimum at 2249 mb's that will help out with everything. ( you need to have that much free space on the hard drive in order to set it that high)

but you will need to set the maximum amount first or it won't accecpt your changes.

that is the only thing i can think of to help you if it is being caused by background programs and not media monkey.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.