What Does Repeat Button Do?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

wdp

What Does Repeat Button Do?

Post by wdp »

I don't want any song in the play list to repeat till all songs are played. So I disabled repeat. Does that accomplish my task? Even if the playlist is shuffled?
Lowlander

Re: What Does Repeat Button Do?

Post by Lowlander »

No, Shuffle picks randomly from the full list, Repeat doesn't have any affect on this.

Add files with Shuffle Play (at the top of the screen where available) and this way you have the files in a random order in the Now Playing. That would allow you to disable Shuffle, but still get the shuffled experience, but without the repetition of files.
wdp

Post by wdp »

Thanks. I disabled shuffle for now on the android phone and continue to play in the current order. If I understand correctly, once played I can turn shuffle on and reshuffle the play list. Turn it back off and start the newly ordered playlist over.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, Shuffle on the Now Playing does not randomize the Now Playing list. It randomly selects a file when selecting the next file to play.

Only the random play button at the top of the screen when browsing files will add the listed files in random order to the Now Playing.