folder icon problem

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

buba

folder icon problem

Post by buba »

:o
first i must apologise if this question has bin asked b4

my mp3 folder has a custom icon (its the kids not me )

mm dosnt seem to recognise this folder any ideas ...other than just changing the icon back?
rusty

Folder icon problem

Post by rusty »

I'm not familiar with how to create a custom icon for a folder. My guess is that what you perceive as a custom icon is probably a shortcut to some location in the filesystem, so when you 'Add Tracks...' for this 'folder' nothing is found since it's not really a folder.

Try double-clicking on the folder from within Windows Explorer and then see what location in the filesystem it takes you to (you can also right click on the icon, select Properties, and see from the properties where it is pointing to). Then when you 'Add Tracks...' choose the actual location.

-Rusty

Post by Guest »

hello
well the properties for the folder in question ...simply say

G:\mp3

http://home.nordnet.fr/~pmdevigne/
here is a link to the little devil that was used to do the changing

thanx 4 the reply btw
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you say you changed the icon for the folder.

that is possible with winxp but not with win98 unless you use some other program like easyicons 98 . that will changed the way they look i have that program in the win98 and have changed the icons for the folders. never had trouble with the free media monkey finding the folders. and i changed the image for the media monkey folder in this winXp and it works.

must be either a short cut someone put on and made it not show the shortcut arrow. or the program you used to make the folder change was not a well done program and screwed up the hotkeys or it was a backdoor trojon and added more to your computer then you thought??
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

its not a shortcut or a virus of any sort
buba

Post by buba »

im using xp btw
jiri

Post by jiri »

As far as I know, changing a folder icon shouldn't make any problems accessing it. So please check if the problem isn't caused by anything else, you can for example try to scan from another folder, rename this folder or some similar things. Then let us know your results along with the name of the folder, etc.

Jiri
rusty

Missing folder when icon is changed

Post by rusty »

I did a bit of testing on this and was able to replicate the problem that was originally described: once the icon is changed, the folder becomes 'invisible' to MediaMonkey (it doesn't appear in the MM 'My Computer' or 'Locations' nodes).

In playing around with it, I also found a simple fix: using the Change Icon tool that you originally described, just change the folder icon back to the default icon, and everything will work as expected.

-Rusty
buba

Post by buba »

well i tried alls orts of things renaming scaning with the mp3 folder inside a nother ...but the cd icon that i have is just invisable to mm...
i have changed the icon back to a standard one using the same prog ...from the link i posted above ...now the folder has a standard icon mm finds my files no problem...

strange problem indeed ...but easy cured by just sticking to standard icons

maybe u could download the icon changer program and c how it affects for urseld ...using non standard icons

Post by Guest »

:D
lol posted at ecactly the same time