How do i get id tags for my mp3 files???

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Magnus

How do i get id tags for my mp3 files???

Post by Magnus »

Hey
I have a problem. I have a lot of mp3 files on my harddrive. But a lot of them havent got id tags or the right file name. Can i use Media Monkey to automatic get the right idtags from the internet(freedb or ohter)??? Or do i have manully to change them all???
Lowlander

some info

Post by Lowlander »

There's no autotag for tracks in MM. Just for getting CD info FreeDB is used. Adding freeDB support for getting track info has been requested in the wishlist forum.
For now you can use the get album details feature. This will search Amazon and will try to find the album the song belongs to. If it finds the album it will display some info like songs artist and year, but you'll need to manually edit the tags to reflect this info.

Hope this answers your question, let us know if you have more questions.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

best to do it your self and make sure that it is right for each song as some songs might not be right on the database from online either.

but if you have a lot like that i would sit down one day a week for 2 hours and do nothing but fix the tags.

and media monkey is a big help in the fact it can add the album and artist year genra to every song at once if they are all from the same album and artist. your work is mostly done. but you most likely have different artist and albums as every one else, so just select the ones you know are all by the same artist and make them all on an album called mixed, that is what i did saved time that way. only i did it for all the songs most of my artist only make mixed albums :lol:

but atleast media monkey can make all the changes you will need faster then one at a time for each song like winamp.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.