Media Monkey Deleted Albums from My Music Library

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

octobereyes

Media Monkey Deleted Albums from My Music Library

Post by octobereyes »

Hello fellow MM users,

I have Media Monkey version 4.0.7.1511. I have Windows 8 on my computer (a Dell Inspiron 660s) but do not use the Win8 version of MM. (Didn't even know there was one!)

I moved some music files to my Sansa Fuze mp3 player yesterday. While synced to MM, somehow the Sansa deleted every single album from its internal storage drive. That was Calamity #1. I decided that was a firmware problem with the Fuze (it's kinda old) and figured I'd just re-install everything. Then Calamity #2 struck: at least 8 (possibly more!!) albums from my MM music library are completely GONE. I know I didn't delete them, because they're some of my favorites. They are NOT the ones I was syncing to the Fuze. I searched every variation of MM folder (artist, album, etc.); used Explorer to double check; and ran a file search, but nothing is there. They have completely vanished off my machine. As you may imagine, I'm royally ticked off at now having to re-purchase stuff that I thought was safely stored in Media Monkey.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix or workaround? Thank you for any advice you can offer.
MMFrLife

Re: Media Monkey Deleted Albums from My Music Library

Post by MMFrLife »

I'm not sure why that happened, but have you checked in your "recycle bin" for the albums?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
octobereyes

Post by octobereyes »

Sure did.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

First I would try using a third party search program (freeware) like Ultrasearch, Everything, or Saleen ScanFS (recom. ScanFS but interface is a bit atypical). Windows search can be good but isn't necessarily the best at finding things.

The only other thing I can think to tell you is to try data recovery type software. I had some video stuff disappear on me a few years back, unrelated to MM, and it was the
biggest computer mystery I think I've ever experienced. I ended up using this software http://www.powerdatarecovery.com/ (after the results I got, I'm "glad" I paid for it) and it recovered everything without a hitch. I hope you can find something that works for you. Good Luck!

Also, as the default recommendation, you should update to the latest version before attempting anything new in MM.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜