Still crashing

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

matthewduff747

Still crashing

Post by matthewduff747 »

I still am having a rough time with this app. It takes a long time to load my library 4900 songs. and sometimes just crashes when trying to load. Also when I play my whole library it crashes after 1 or 2 songs without fail. Does this have to do with the screen timing out or another issue?

I really want this app to work because I love the MM program on my old laptop.
dypsis

Re: Still Crashing

Post by dypsis »

My problem too.

The app crashes after only a few seconds of playing. My library is mainly FLAC. Not sure if that matters or not.
And yes, it still appears to be loading my library.

No problem playing my library with the desktop version.
matthewduff747

Re: Still crashing

Post by matthewduff747 »

I though todays update would address the crashing issue, but it doesn't.

It does load faster, which is a huge improvement, but when I play music it still crashes after two songs (normally when the screen is timed out).

Any suggestions?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

matthewduff747 wrote:I though todays update would address the crashing issue, but it doesn't.

It does load faster, which is a huge improvement, but when I play music it still crashes after two songs (normally when the screen is timed out).

Any suggestions?
I don't think that is a crash, one of the devs already commented on playback stopping when the screen times out:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 5c#p360974
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

If you mean playback stop after device going to sleep, this issue will be fixed in next release.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
matthewduff747

Post by matthewduff747 »

Cool.

Playback stops after a full song plays when the screen times out. and when I wake up the screen the app is usually frozen on the song previous to the last song played. If you follow me.

I hope the fix works. I really want this to be my goto app for music.
brasi

Post by brasi »

I've been struggling with this app since I downloaded it last week. My library loads fine, no probs, but the damn thing crashes every other time I edit or delete a file from my external HD. I've been on with tech support, but no joy yet. It looks like Windows 8 + MM = total fail. What a disappointment...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

brasi wrote:I've been struggling with this app since I downloaded it last week. My library loads fine, no probs, but the damn thing crashes every other time I edit or delete a file from my external HD. I've been on with tech support, but no joy yet. It looks like Windows 8 + MM = total fail. What a disappointment...
It's still in beta dude. Give it some time.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.