1350: DLNA on Samsung TV and Blu Ray [#7428]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

phosphor

1350: DLNA on Samsung TV and Blu Ray [#7428]

Post by phosphor »

Using Build 1346 with the UpNp.dll posted here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 90#p286417 I was able to have MediaMonkey perform almost perfectly as a DLNA server. I have no problem accessing the shared music from either my Samsung LCD TV - LN46C650 and my Samsung Blu Ray - BD-C5500, as well as from MediaPlayer on a windows 7 box.

However neither 1349 or 1350 have DLNA work out of the box with any of my devices. In fact in 1349 and 1350 the server is not even recognized my any of my devices. If I replace the UpNp.dll with the one mentioned above it still doesn't work.

In 1349 it will allow the devices to see the MediaMonkey server however trying to play anything results in a file not supported message. IN 1350 with replaced dll MediaMonkey simply crashes with a Access violation at address 1B7D924D in module 'UpNp.dll'. Read of address 00000000 message.

Edit:

1350 works after reboot ???? Anyway 1350 almost works for me, music plays if I select by album,genre,artist etc....

However none of my auto playlists populate with music anymore. Instead I get infinite regression on the playlist in question.

For example I have a node called Auto that contains Autoplaylists, and under it a node called bands, and under that node band names. For example:

Auto
------Bands
--------------Aerosmith

If I say select Auto->Bands->Aerosmith, the location shows as Playlists/Auto/Bands/, however if I select Aerosmith it then displays the location as /Playlists/Auto/Bands/Aerosmith but does not list the music for the playlist, and if I select Aerosmith again I just get another Aerosmith on the location ie /Playlists/Auto/Bands/Aerosmith/Aerosmith. Is it not possible to use autoplaylists in 1350?
Lowlander

Re: DLNA on Samsung TV and Blu Ray

Post by Lowlander »

I can confirm that Playlists no longer work. I also seem to be having trouble in the Location node when navigating (it will fail and return to home screen).
Lowlander

Re: DLNA on Samsung TV and Blu Ray

Post by Lowlander »

ZephyrMoonchild

Re: 1350: DLNA on Samsung TV and Blu Ray [#7428]

Post by ZephyrMoonchild »

Hi, I'm curious about media servers, especially now my folks have a samsung tv with a browser.

Is there a guide, for what you need to do/have to setup a shared library on your local network?
Is there a workaround (use build x) to the issue cited, or has this issue been fixed?

Much obliged for any assistance :D
Lowlander

Re: 1350: DLNA on Samsung TV and Blu Ray [#7428]

Post by Lowlander »

You're posing in a topic for an old beta build. The issue is resolved (see link).

For streaming help see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ervers/4.0