Adding BPM to track browser [#6750]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

windcrest77

Adding BPM to track browser [#6750]

Post by windcrest77 »

I'd like my 3 columns of the track browser to be Genre, Rating and BPM.

How can I do this, is there an INI file that I can update to add the BPM column to the context menu?

For my work I need to find songs, of a certain genre (we use the dance names as genre like waltz, swing, foxtrot, tango, etc); at certain tempo ranges;and that we have rated of good quality. Album, Artist or the other columns in the pop up are really not relevant to our work at all, any artist will do.

The track browser is a handy tool, but without BPM it doesnt work for the dance world (because BPM is the single most important criteria for selecting songs for this use).
Lowlander

Re: Adding BPM to track browser

Post by Lowlander »

No this is not possible, but it has been requested that additional fields be made available in the Track Browser.

See: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6750
windcrest77

Re: Adding BPM to track browser

Post by windcrest77 »

Lowlander wrote:No this is not possible, but it has been requested that additional fields be made available in the Track Browser.

See: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6750
Thanks, we switched to MM from WMP for one main reason, and that was the ability to use the BPM column. Previous to MM we had to write the BPM behind the song name, it was a mess trying to find a song at the proper tempo or sort/search them by accurate tempos with WMP. As you know WMP is very weak at supporting the BPM column. MM really makes it easy to see BPM now, but the track browser would be even better!
Lowlander

Re: Adding BPM to track browser [#6750]

Post by Lowlander »

You could sort on the BPM column in the Tracklistings which should allow you to quickly select the range of BPM values you're looking for.
windcrest77

Re: Adding BPM to track browser [#6750]

Post by windcrest77 »

Lowlander wrote:You could sort on the BPM column in the Tracklistings which should allow you to quickly select the range of BPM values you're looking for.
Thats what we do we have auto-playlists by genre (dance name) and they have sort parameters of rating and BPM. So if someone wants to practice Swing they just click the "Swing" playlist and the result is sorted by BPM and rating. It works well, but I just noticed the track browser is another way to do it if we had BPM there too.