Adding Cd`s to DB

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

quad5

Adding Cd`s to DB

Post by quad5 »

Hi,

I am using SongDB V1.3
It`s a terrific program
Recently I attempted to begin scanning my CD collection into the database using the freedb and it worked fine, and the track details show under artist, however, when I tried to copy and paste the track list to a word processing program( Word or notepad) the pasted data came up as: track 1.cda etc.
What am I doing wrong?

RJ Brisbane Australia
rjoh@bigpond.net.au
rusty

Export tracks to Word Processor

Post by rusty »

Glad to hear that you're enjoying Songs-DB.

Database export functions are included in Songs-DB Gold. It has an 'export' function that allows you to export the contents of your DB to excel, html, or xml.

btw, I'd strongly recommend trying out the next version of Songs-DB--MediaMonkey 2.0 RC-2 (see the Beta forum).

-Rusty
quad5

Exporting CD Data

Post by quad5 »

Thanks Rusty
I`ll take your advice and try the new Beta V
I take it I won`t lose my exixting data if I uninstall V1.3 before installing the Beta V?????
rusty

Exporting CD data

Post by rusty »

The quick answer is that you won't lose your data.

The longer answer is:
Uninstalling simply uninstalls the software, deletes the .ini file (which contains your configuration settings), and removes any License key information that you may have entered. It does not delete the database.

When you install a new version of the software, it'll give you the option of importing any previous database that it detects (assuming the DB is stored in the default directory). The only caveat is that if you're using the Virtual CD feature, you'll need to manually set the virtual CD directory to whatever it was previously (as described in the readme).

-Rusty
quad 5

retaining database

Post by quad 5 »

Thanks
I will download the beta and give try

RJ Brisbane Austalia