Splash Screen

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

CoachUK

Splash Screen

Post by CoachUK »

It's over a year since I last posted a Splash image so I thought it about time to update that one, and besides, this one ties in with the update to my NouveauDark skin which I've been working on.

I decided not to build the splash image into the new version of NouveauDark as I know lots of people prefer to do their own thing. This way, if anyone wants the image they can download and install it independantly.

Download here: http://www.box.net/shared/u3bufa7blk or click on the image to get it from ImageShack.

Save the image as Splash.png in the MediaMonkey/Brand folder e.g. .../Program Files/MediaMonkey/Brand

If the folder doesn't already exist, just create a new one and put the image in there and it should override the default splash image when you next start MediaMonkey.
(REMEMBER to rename your existing splash.png file to avoid losing it so you can revert to it whenever you like)
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
rovingcowboy

Re: Splash Screen

Post by rovingcowboy »

you should just put the ones in with the skin if you make them for that skin.
you can load them from the mmip file if you add the code in the install ini.
just put a warning on the download page you have a splash screen in the skin, and they should back up their old
one if they have one.
if they don't have the brand folder the ini file will make that too.

then you can make all the splash screens you want and zip them up for one download gets all.

okay a call for new splash screens is following just cause i thought of it now. :)

splash screens are fun to do cause they are just images and every one can think of a fun image to use,
we should be getting lots of them because not every one can make a skin. but making an image for a splash
screen is as easy as putting comments on photos and calling them splash screen 1, 2, 3, 4, .jpg or what every ordering style you like to keep photos seperate by.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

RC...I'm aware that I can put the splash screen in with the skin files.
The point I was making was that this is somewhat 'dictatorial'.
People like to choose what they load and when. If someone prefers (for example) to have the original MM splash screen load every time they start MM.....who am I to say otherwise?
By leaving the splash as 'optional' people can make their own choice.

However, I do agree with your sentiment that lots of people could make splash screens and you never know, someone's idea for a splash screen might inspire someone else to delevelop a skin.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

CoachUK wrote:RC...I'm aware that I can put the splash screen in with the skin files.
The point I was making was that this is somewhat 'dictatorial'.
People like to choose what they load and when. If someone prefers (for example) to have the original MM splash screen load every time they start MM.....who am I to say otherwise?
By leaving the splash as 'optional' people can make their own choice.

However, I do agree with your sentiment that lots of people could make splash screens and you never know, someone's idea for a splash screen might inspire someone else to delevelop a skin.
i don't see it as dictatorial but in the view of if they are getting the skin made by said author because they like it then whats to say they would not like the custom splash screen to fit that skin.
and by telling them how to back up and save the custom screen they should know all they got to do is remove the custom splash screen if they don't want to see it and they will get the default black one back.
so its just giving them a choice of, keep the custom splash screen or not to keep it.
:D

just re read your post and you sound mad with the typing of this
.....who am I to say otherwise?
sorry if you got mad at my posting to you and everyone that reads your thread.
but that statement does not make sense from a program skin author :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

Thanks, I really dig the new splash screen!
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile