Are Winamp Skins Compatible With MM3?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

surfer1

Are Winamp Skins Compatible With MM3?

Post by surfer1 »

Hi, just wondering if Winamp skins can be imported into MM's Skin folder to be used, or would I need to make a file adjustment? Are their skin files compatible with MM? Thanks guys.
Cheers.
Shiny Rabbit

Re: Are Winamp Skins Compatible With MM3?

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

Winamp's layout is very different to that of MediaMonkey, however it might be possible to recode a Winamp skin for MediaMonkey

Windows 7 Enterprise x64. MediaMonkey 4 (unless I forget to update this)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

surfer1 wrote:Hi, just wondering if Winamp skins can be imported into MM's Skin folder to be used, or would I need to make a file adjustment? Are their skin files compatible with MM? Thanks guys.
Cheers.
Nope.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
surfer1

Post by surfer1 »

Cheers Guys. Thanks.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

lets see? you can get a skin from dreadm that he did for use in learning to skin in monkey.

you can as in my lesson say get the skins we made and take them apart to learn. if you do that i suggest
taking one of the old style apart like the blues monkey, or the airstream, one like those which will have
all the images that are needed by mm 3 and which were updated with the latest mm 3 codes. so you get
all the stuff to figure out the overlay stuff.

you did presume right though, the images are overlayed just like on the old winamp classic skins.

only mm 3 is a lot faster at making the skins. winamp classic took me 20 hours to make a skin no matter how many i made it was just a time consuming thing cause they wanted exact pixel locations for the colors and stuff.

monkey is a little more laxed on that stuff so its faster plus he uses one image map with most the images on for the theme.

just taking apart the skins we made already you will see about 5 different ways to set up the skins to get the images. i've made about 4 of them ways myself. several of my skins have extra images in also. so you can see what i was thinking of using and did not use. in case that way of checking things out helps you making a skin.

remember though morten did not make his default skin the way the original mm 3 skin was made he knows coding so he did some of that stuff. mine are all over lays. tangerine monkey might be the simplest overlay i did.

as for using the winamp skins in monkey, yes you can but you have to use the winamp classic skin and only the main player will be used . and that is only because you can use the image to over lay the images on some of the old mm 2 converted skins. but if your going to use that way, you better read how to convert the mm 2.x skin to the mm 3.x skin as well as the other skinning lessons,. as i said parts in each lesson that will help you in the use of that skin. i am not sure if the others said anything in theirs about it.
but i tried to write it up as i found the info so some showed up in the different lessons of mine.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.