<skip> function in Auto-Tag from Filename

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

jaxjon

<skip> function in Auto-Tag from Filename

Post by jaxjon »

Hi,
I sometimes have tags that I just need to update less than all of the fields from the filename. Like if I want to keep the current album and track fields but change the artist and title fields when all of the fields are not blank. With a <skip> function you could create a mask to do that. <Artist> - <Skip> - <Skip> - <Title> I found this function in Abander TagControl, and it is very useful. I have not found a way to do it now in SDB. If so let me know how please. Thanks for listening to our comments and suggestions. SDB is the best music program I know.

Jaxjon :)
rusty

Post by rusty »

Jaxjon,

You could just delete the section of the mask that you don't want to use for any particular track. The downside to this would be that the revised mask becomes the default mask for your next auto-rename operation--not too user-friendly.

I'll have a look at the abander interface when we start working on the next version (focus right now is on fixing any graphical anomalies, or any critical bugs that crop up during beta 5).

Rusty
rusty

Post by rusty »

The <skip> function has been added to MediaMonkey RC-1 in the Auto-tag dialog.
jaxjon

Post by jaxjon »

Thanks Rusty, and congratulations to you and Jiri on MediaMonkey. It looks like Mr. Gates and the guys at Nullsoft and Musicmatch better watch their backs 'cause here comes the Monkey!

Jaxjon
jiri

Post by jiri »

:)