Problem with cover art in player (MM-ultimate)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Pathduck

Problem with cover art in player (MM-ultimate)

Post by Pathduck »

Hi,
I'm using the great MM-ultimate skin but its not really updated anymore, and theres a minor issue with white color popping up in the background of the player cover art, when the image ratio does not cover the whole area. See screenshot for what I mean:

I've done some minor adjustments to the skin, but I remember this problem was there before that as well.

Any idea how to get rid of the white color? I know a bit of skin editing but some tips where to look would be really appreciated! :D
rovingcowboy

Re: Problem with cover art in player (MM-ultimate)

Post by rovingcowboy »

for that area just make the skin black.
that should cover the area of the skin that is not behind any album art.

but you do not have this trouble in the main album view window right?

it can only be on the skin caused by the image area having to be hard coded in.
so when it shows the album cover the area of the skin that is changed by the shape of the cover
is using the client image to show in the hole for the square album art.

if you make the client image black you lose fonts or images some place else on the skin or in the theme.

i've never had odd shaped album art, but the only way for this to be fixed is to have rusty or one of the
other developers make the album art view in the player skin with in the code of the program and have it vector
to the size of the album art. and still allow the skinners to place that album art area where they want it on the skin.
and also how that would effect overlays for album art some put in the skins i don't know.

i know mac tried to use mortens default skin to copy when he did this. and morten took shortcuts with his scripting skills that and used the virtural tree object a lot in it which makes it very hard for newbie's or new to monkey skinners to copy.

but mac got this good for his first skin.
just wish he would come back and update it some time.? :(

edited in this.

of course if you switch to a skin that has an image there for when there is no album art shown as in when your not even playing a song you just started monkey and its sitting there with the word mediamonkey in the title scroll area, then said skin should have image there for artwork area to be located by. like my skins of
these with art on the players, i always put an image on the player that is to be seen instead of just the client when started like that.

jungle monkees have the album art on the float player i think?
trucking monkey does.
the musicbringers pub does.
esthetic hi fi has it on the float player also and a few others might have it on the float player
i rarely put it on the main player.

so check with one of them or another one and if you see an image showing behind the album art on odd shaped cover art then we know you can put an image marker on the skin's background bmp and it will be seen instead of the client.
:-? :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Pathduck

Post by Pathduck »

Thanks so much for the reply rovingcowboy!

but you do not have this trouble in the main album view window right?
Thats right, it shows just with a black background, its only in the player the problem is.
so check with one of them or another one and if you see an image showing behind the album art on odd shaped cover art then we know you can put an image marker on the skin's background bmp and it will be seen instead of the client.
Yes, and MM-ultimate has a default background image for when there is no cover, some star thing with black around, and its definitely not that showing through as white.

I've been looking in the mskn files, trying to figure out where to change this setting, whether its an image I can change or a bgcolor value is the same, I just need to know where to look (its a bit confusing atm :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i don't remember off hand.
but if that star image is on the skin when there is no songs in the now playing then it is part of the skin bmp.
and not the no album art image.

if it is like that then the album art area is cutting it out and replacing it with the album cover.
which is normaly square.

and if it is cutting that out of the skin then your seeing the white client image for the skin. which is part
of the other things like panel or form or list view client any one of the clients could be there.

but if you change that client color it will then mess up the fonts that are to show on that client then you have to find where he changed the fonts and how he changed the color if possible. but like i said he did not do it normal he tried to use mortens advanced coded skin. so i suggest to you if you want to make it work.

go to the wiki site read the newbies walkthrough i did for really new newbies and follow it to remake a theme.
then you can remake a player skin fairly easy after learning that. and you can then also reverse his skin and make your new one with his images, only you will then be able to fix all the fonts and images your self. just don't call it by his name. call it the PD Fixed ultimate
or something like that. i called my MM,RC - ultimate cause i only fixed a few errors in his.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Pathduck

Post by Pathduck »

Ok, I understand what you mean now - the "no album art" star just appears after starting to play a song, when you open MM and playlist is empty there is just a black area there:

In the editor there is an object AlbumArt in player.mskn with the following properties:

You can see the "star" there. Actually there was two AlbumArt objects for some reason, so figured I'd delete one of them, didnt make any difference :roll:

I also tried changing SysColors->ClWindow to black but that had no effect either.

There must be some kind of property clipping through just cant figure out where it comes from? Where do you change the clientcolor that you speak of, I might have a test on that as well...

Edit; also if you have MM-Ultimate as well, could you (or someone else) please have a look if you have some non-square album art and reproduce the problem?
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Hi i take a look inside your problem, and found a wrong ini code,
open player ini and change this entries:

Code: Select all

[PlayerSkin]
EngineVersion=100
Resizable=1,0,1,0
Pos=0,0
Size=330,70
Transperent=0
TimeFormat=mmm:ss
DockAtMostBottom=1
DockLock=0
[MinimizeButton]
Type=Button
Resizable=0,0,1,1
Pos=310,0
Size=15,15
Transperent=1
TextMask=
[SwitchButton]
Type=Button
Resizable=0,0,1,1
Pos=310,15
Size=15,15
Transperent=1
TextMask=
[PlaylistButton]
Type=StateButton
Resizable=0,0,1,1
Pos=310,27
Size=15,15
Transperent=1
TextMask=
[StopButton]
Type=Button
Resizable=0,0,1,1
Pos=310,43
Size=15,15
Transperent=1
TextMask=
Now the player is 30 pix longer but without the white background .It was a code overlay.
Pathduck

Post by Pathduck »

Awesome, thank you very much DreadM, that fixed it! :D

Very cool, also a lot of thanks to cowboy; I will have a look at your newbie guide mate, I'll need it :lol:

MAybe we can get toghether those of us who use MM-ultimate and fix some of the other bugs?