last.fm and mm

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

amyjanice

last.fm and mm

Post by amyjanice »

how do you get the tracks you play to scrobble on last.fm? I just downloaded MM today so yeah. any help would be great. :]
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Option #1 - (Using last.fm client)
1. Download this: http://static.last.fm/plugins/ass/Winam ... 0.45.0.exe

2. Install to \Program Files\Mediamonkey\Plugins

3. When last.fm tells you to update your plugin, don't do it, the newest plugin doesn't work.

4. Scrobble!

Option #2 - (Old winamp standalone plugin)
1. Download this: http://static.last.fm/plugins/audioscro ... 1.1.10.exe

2. Install to \Program Files\Mediamonkey\Plugins\

3. Choose 'General' option rather than 'Media library' option when installing.

4. Restart MM or start it, and go into Tools -> Options -> General Plug-ins to enter your login information

5. Scrobble!
Last edited by nohitter151 on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Step to can be avoided if you just select the mediamonkey-path when installing the Winamp-Plugin he mentioned.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I tried the steps listed above, which worked, but I must be missing something else because I cannot get it to work. When I go to the options sheet for the general plugins, I cannot go to the configure button. Also I am signed up on lastfm.com but I don't see it there either. Is there something else I need to do?? Also, I do not have the Autodj feature checked, does that make a difference.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you see the Last.fm plugin listed in the plugins list? If so select it and then hit configure. You will need to configure the plugin with your account information to get the tracks scobbled into your Last.fm account.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Yes I see the plugin, but when I click on it nothing happens.

Nyn

EDIT: When I click on the Configure button in MM2, nothing happens. When I click on it in MM3, I get kicked out of the the options sheet.

I am running Vista Ultimate x32

Peke

Post by Peke »

This is already answered.
There is no configuration in Winamp 2.x+ Plugins All configuration is done in Last.FM player that Must be started along with mediamonkey, winamp, ... others.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ahhh, I knew I had to be missing a step. Thanks all for your assistance.

Nyn

jsmjr

Post by jsmjr »

I still can't get the WinAmp plug-in to work on Last.fm running MM3 on Vista.

I've followed all the steps described above. Last.fm reports that the plug-in is installed, but it doesn't show up in any preferences or options. Also, as reported above, pressing "configure" on the MM3 plug-in page has no result.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

The plugin should start up when you start MM3, look for the last.fm icon by the clock on the taskbar. You sign in and configure the plug-in through Last.fm, not through MM.

If you have the correct plugin (the one linked to above) in the Mediamonkey\Plugins folder, Last.fm should start when you start MM. The problem is that the latest version of the winamp plugin is not compatible with MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@jsmjr: If it doesn't show it's most probably not in the correct folder as also the new version which doesn't work shows up there.

Check the mediamonkey/plugins-folder manually to see if the plugin is there.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
JTB

Post by JTB »

It has always worked for me, but today I downloaded an update of the scrobbler and it didn't work anymore. I tried everything to install the plugin into the right location, but it didn't work. (While it has always worked before, also with previous updates :x ).

The only thing that worked was to setup the Winamp plugin via the Last.fm software. Then I went to C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\... and I just copied that plugin to Mediamonkey\Plugins and replaced the it (same name: gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll), and now it works again. :D

Post by Guest »

I had this problem. The dialog box for configure is open but for some reason it appears behind the main window. Minimise won't work because theat minmises the dialog too. You have to drag the main window out the way.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yes, there is a bug with the disappering options-dialog. Instead of moving the mainwindows you cn also use Alt+Tab to switch to another window and back to MM. Then you see the options-dialog again.
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

Peke wrote:This is already answered.
There is no configuration in Winamp 2.x+ Plugins All configuration is done in Last.FM player that Must be started along with mediamonkey, winamp, ... others.
I downloaded the 2.0.45.0.exe suggested but this doesn't install a Last.Fm player to change the configs with.

I did have the latest Last.Fm player but uninstalled it as it doesn't work with MM3. Can I install this again and just write over the .dll in MM with the old one?