Looking for lyric plugin

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

rovingcowboy

Looking for lyric plugin

Post by rovingcowboy »

that will show just the lyrics from a txt file when the song is played in media monkey.

i have ev..lyrics and it saves them to a file named as: artist - title.txt and the winamp lyrics plugin needs to see only the title.txt so it dont use the texts from e lyrics but the winamp lyrics plugin dont work with media monkey anyway.

although i like how it works in winamp it just looks in the directory you tell it to and it will pop up the words on a black background with green fonts.

but as i said it dont work with media monkey. and it dont use artist - title.txt either.

so if you know of one that will show the lyrics like that and use the files as named by the e... lyrics program and work with media monkey.. WILL YOU PLEASE TELL ME as i cant find any. :(

thanks
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I used to use evil lyrics in MM 2.1 without problems, I haven't tried it in MM 2.2, but I guess evil lyrics should work there too.

My question is if there is a lyrics plugin like evillyrics that writes the lyrics to the song instead of a txt file and also can read the lyrics from the song for display (hope MM can do this soon)? My problem is with renaming songs which renders the txt files useless.

Also does anyone know a good visualization that can display lyrics as well?

Post by Guest »

thats what i was talking about lowlander
the renaming of the text files from what e.. lyrics saves them as.

once i do that so the other lyric plugin that shows them when the song is played in winamp (instead of using a visualizaion) can find the lyrics text file then e.. lyrics cant find it?

if there was a plug in that would work for media monkey that would use the name of the file as e... lyrics saved them. but show the lyrics when the song is played and when there is no lyrics go away again that would be nice.

i just cant find one like that or even a good visual that works in media monkey that will show them. they always make it hard to read the lyrics when the visuals are showing. thats why i like the lyric reader style of plugin.

maybe with both of us asking somebody will find one for us?? :D :D

roving cowboy.

Post by Guest »

There is a program called MP3Tag that does a good job of this. It searches for the lyrics online, and saves them to the ID tags of the file. The beauty of it is that it can process files in batch. It costs $20 to register, but if you are planning on getting lyrics for all your songs and inserting them into the mp3... it does the job.

I too would love to see a feature in MM that would display the lyrics of the songs from the ID tags... integrate it with visualizations and that would be about as perfect as can be...

Troy

http://www.maniactools.com/soft/mp3tag/index.shtml

Post by Guest »

thanks for the information on the program :D

:-?
only thing is i dont use mp3's only on my sisters hand held player.

i store all songs in ogg so it will have to save them to the ogg lyrics tag.

i also do things on the cheap if i can i dont buy anything online i send to snail mail address :D its safer that way i think.

i just want to see the words on a black background no need for visuals to mess with my eyesite ( for me anyway) :D