Network Drives Not Showing Correctly with Newest Version

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

workhorse149

Network Drives Not Showing Correctly with Newest Version

Post by workhorse149 »

Just installed MediaMonkey 2.2 Release Candidate 1 Version 2.2.1.746

->Add/Rescan Tracks to the Library menu
->Add Folders Screen

When dropping down the Network i'm seeing dropdown selections with a bunch of Block Characters. Plus it isn't even showing any of my network computers. I was however able to add mp3's by typing the network path in the selected folders box.

mister_rdz

Post by mister_rdz »

I noticed a VNC logo in the upper left corner of your screen shot. Were you using VNC to connect to another computer running MM? I haven't noticed this problem on my home network. My file server is a Win 2000 machine and my wife and I have XP's.

Dave

Post by Guest »

mister_rdz wrote:I noticed a VNC logo in the upper left corner of your screen shot. Were you using VNC to connect to another computer running MM? I haven't noticed this problem on my home network. My file server is a Win 2000 machine and my wife and I have XP's.

Dave
I used VNC to get that screen shot from my home computer from work so I could post that bug and have a screen shot for my post before I forgot about it. The prevous version of webmonkey listed the network computers just fine so I'm assuming this is a bug with the new version.
mister_rdz

Post by mister_rdz »

I used VNC to get that screen shot from my home computer from work so I could post that bug and have a screen shot for my post before I forgot about it. The prevous version of webmonkey listed the network computers just fine so I'm assuming this is a bug with the new version.[/quote]

I just checked my home system and, as I thought, there isn't a problem displaying the networked drives. This includes all shared drives and/or folders on the file server that are not specifically mapped. Are you running NETBUI on your computer?
workhorse149

Post by workhorse149 »

mister_rdz wrote:I used VNC to get that screen shot from my home computer from work so I could post that bug and have a screen shot for my post before I forgot about it. The prevous version of webmonkey listed the network computers just fine so I'm assuming this is a bug with the new version.
I just checked my home system and, as I thought, there isn't a problem displaying the networked drives. This includes all shared drives and/or folders on the file server that are not specifically mapped. Are you running NETBUI on your computer?[/quote]

No NETBUI
jiri

Post by jiri »

There was a problem found in network support for Windows 9x, it will be fixed in RC-2.

Thanks for the report,
Jiri