Songs Playing -Very- Slowly

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

DMLCo

Songs Playing -Very- Slowly

Post by DMLCo »

OK, here's a weird one.

Two songs, both of which have played fine in the past in MM, and both of whic play fine in other media players.

Both play incredibly slowly in MM now--one of which so slow it sounds like some post-apocalyptic bass rubbing, the other of which is at about half/quarter speed.

???

-Daniel
Daniel@DMLCo.com
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

Are those tracks located on a remote device and so accessed via servers and/or mounted units?

Octo
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Yes, they are on the network. Other players play them correctly across the network, fwiw.

Daniel
jiri

Post by jiri »

It's probably a problem of the decoding input mp3 plug-in used. Which MM version are you referring to (2.1 or the latest alpha?) and which plug-in do you use?

Jiri
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Using 2.1596.

How do I tell which plug-in I use? Under Input Plug-Ins, in_dswm.dll is listed as the player.

Daniel
Lowlander

Under output

Post by Lowlander »

Well it is under output, which one is selected there? And does changing the pluging have any effect on playback of those two songs.
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

It was set to Wave. However, changing it to DirectSound, then restarting MM and replaying those two songs results in the same slow play.

Daniel
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm afraid I was wrong with the output part, its I guess under input, where you looked.

Anyway its good to now that output plugin doesn't affect playback.

A question would be if the songs played well under this install of MM you currently have or a previous install.

You also could check the songs on another PC with MM if available and see if that works.

Sorry for the confusion
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

I think this is the same version of MM I originally installed, so I don't think that's the issue.

Don't have MM on another PC, but I will install it locally on the box where the files are and see if that is any different.

There don't seem to be any options for changing the input plug-ins.

Daniel
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Nop, there aren't any options for that in the MM interface.
jiri

Post by jiri »

If you want to change the decoding input plug-in, you must do it manually outside of MM, in your case it's probably either in_mad.dll or in_dsmp3.dll. If you like to test new things, you can install MM 2.2 alpha 4 (download from the beta forum), it installs in_mpg123.dll and this would probably fix the problem.

Jiri
rusty

in_mpg123

Post by rusty »

I can confirm that the new mpg123 plug-in does better tolerate MP3 files that are encoded improperly (I have a couple of test cases that play slowly exactly as you described in MM 2.1, but this is no longer the case in MM 2.2 alpha builds).

-Rusty