Add/Rescan Files To Library shortcut [#20251]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Add/Rescan Files To Library shortcut [#20251]

Post by tbm72 »

Recently I found what I thought was a helpful way of quickly rescanning particular albums but it doesn't work every time.

By accident I discovered that if I highlight an album (while in the music node) I could just go to 'File>Add/Rescan files to the library' (or press Insert key) and the selected album was then pre-populated in the location dialogue box.

This is much quicker than me having to go to the Location node and then drill down until I find the artist and album I want to rescan (for example sometimes I manually upgrade the bitrate of files and overwrite them and want to rescan them back in).

But sometimes it doesn't work. If I restart MM5 and try again that often fixes it.

Is this a bug because sometimes it works and other times it won't populate the location field if I select the album. It's a very useful feature even if it isn't supposed to be!
Lowlander

Re: Add/Rescan Files To Library shortcut

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey?

Does Add/Rescan Files fail to have the folder listed, or does it fail to scan the folder? Could you have files from multiple folders selected when this happens (all files in selection need to be in the same folder)?
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Build version: 5.1.0.2814 (Portable Mode)

I think I found the cause. In the music node I'm using the column filter to narrow down my views. If I select just an artist in the column filter (but don't select an album in the column filter) and then highlight an album by clicking on the album cover so it selects it, when I then go to 'File>Add/Rescan files to the library' the path isn't populated in the dialogue box:

But if I select both an artist AND an album in the column filter, it then populates the box when I click Add/Rescan:

It also seems to work if you only select the artist AND that artist only has one album. Then you don't need to select an album in the column filter for it to populate the field.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Column Filter and Artwork selection are key, reproduced as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20251
tbm72

Re: Add/Rescan Files To Library shortcut [#20251]

Post by tbm72 »

Just double checked on the latest update (5.1.0.2817) where it says this is fixed but it's still not working for me.

To reproduce:

1) Use column filter to choose an artist (with more than one album)
2) In 'List (By Album)' view click on the artwork for an album to select all the tracks for that album
3) Click 'File>Add/Rescan Files to Library'
4) Seems to populate the path with the 1st album from that artist in the view rather than the selected album (see below)

To be fair this is a specific and very minor issue and I can find other ways to get around it but just thought I'd let you know in case you want to fix it!
Lowlander

Re: Add/Rescan Files To Library shortcut [#20251]

Post by Lowlander »

I could reproduce it via Search per your screenshot.