Lyrics Help

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

imaginaryButtCrack

Lyrics Help

Post by imaginaryButtCrack »

Hello, I'm trying to display lyrics when playing a song however it only shows a weblink such as "genius .com" How can I fix this? Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Lyrics Help

Post by Lowlander »

Genius Lyrics are provided by an Addon, not MediaMonkey itself.
imaginaryButtCrack

Post by imaginaryButtCrack »

I have downloaded and added Lyric Genius 1.0.2 to MM5 but still not showing lyrics. Now it's displaying "Musixmatch. com" where the lyrics should be?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

imaginaryButtCrack wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:43 am Hello, I'm trying to display lyrics when playing a song however it only shows a weblink such as "genius .com" How can I fix this? Thank you.
I don't understand LowLanders response to your initial query.
I don't use lyrics, so I am no expert with this. If any of this info is incorrect, LowLander could correct me?

MM5 does seem to include support for an auto-lookup of Lyrics while playing.
You turn it on via Tools|Library|MetadataLookup; activate by checking the Lyrics option in "background metadata lookup".
If you also check "update tags", it will store the lyrics to your MM database and into the tracks themselves. If you do this, the lyrics will be displayed immediately when you next play the track, without the small delay while MM does its auto-lookup.
That's what you were wanting?

Tested using MM5 v5.1.0.2811. The lyrics are displayed in the optional "Playing" & "Lyrics" panels.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.