how to remember the UPnP server?? [#20011]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

RavishingRickRude

how to remember the UPnP server?? [#20011]

Post by RavishingRickRude »

The new android app refuses to "save" or remember my UPnP server Im trying to cast to, I have to type in the IP address every bloody time. Old app worked fine

What should I be doing to get it to save?
rusty

Re: how to remember the UPnP server??

Post by rusty »

When you click the Cast button:
- does MMA show you a list of GoogleCast, UPnP renderers on the local network?
- assuming nothing shows up, are you clicking the 'Add server' button and entering the details there? Once you click 'Add' does the renderer get added (at least temporarily) to the list of supported renderers? At what point does it disappear?

-Rusty
RavishingRickRude

Post by RavishingRickRude »

It shows me a list of the "old" servers ive cast to, same IP but different port numbers each time, all greyed out and I cant connect to any of them. if this makes sense.

Still have to "add server" each time, each time I save it, but it never remembers it properly
rusty

Post by rusty »

Tracking this at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20011 , but there's still something that I don't understand:
1) When you tap the Cast button, any idea why the server doesn't appear in the list--even if it hasn't been saved (normally there's no need to save a server)?
2) If there are multiple instances of 'old' renderers each using different Port #'s that seems to imply that renderer settings are (at least sometimes) being saved. So isn't it possible that your server is changing the port number each time it is run and _that's_ why MMA isn't reconnecting (because the saved IP:Port/connection string differs from the _new_ IP:Port/connection string)?

Thanks!

-Rusty
rusty

Re: how to remember the UPnP server?? [#20011]

Post by rusty »

FYI this has been fixed in build 1099 which has been released to Production (awaiting approval approval on the Play store). If you can't wait, it's currently available via Testing (beta).

-Rusty