Selection is modified as track list updates

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Pablo

Selection is modified as track list updates

Post by Pablo »

In some circumstances (e.g. the Not Synchronized Files node), the list of tracks changes as MM scans the library. I noticed that if I select some tracks while the list is still updating, the selection will change too (the selection stays in the same "physical" position, so if new tracks are inserted at the top, the selected tracks will scroll). This could easily lead to modifying properties of the wrong tracks. Once some tracks were selected, the content of the selection shouldn't change without user interaction.

Pablo
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Maybe just loose the selection or keep selection on selected files.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Lowlander,

I think I don't understand your suggestions. I selected some files in the "Not synchonized" folder in order to edit their album (that field was empty), but then in the short time between I selected the files and the Properties window opened, the selection had changed. I realized this because there was an album in the Properties window when I was precisely trying to enter one. This is clearly counterintuitive and could easily cause trouble.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I meant that MM should loose selections (in case of multiple) so you can't accidently edit the wrong track. With multiples the tracks might get seperated as more files are added.

If one track is selected it should remain selected on that track.

These were program suggestions, not actions you could take.