Option to update last played on access

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

amusingmisunderstand

Option to update last played on access

Post by amusingmisunderstand »

I want to able to sort my playlists and collections by the last time files were played / accessed, regardless of play time.

Last played is the closest equivalent but it only increments when a %'age of the media is played, instead of simple when the media played.

This is kind of possible today with playback rules by lowering the "Increase play counter" percentage to 1% but has a couple issues.
  1. Play count only increases if the media is playing at the 1% timestamp i.e. a 20min video set to increase play count at 1% will only increment if the media is playing at the 12s mark. If you seek from 1s to 30s the play count wont increase no matter how long the video plays.
  • Play count doesn't increase when using the "default external player". Presumably because MediaMonkey can't know the play time because first issue.
Some possible solutions that can work even when using an external player
  • Allow "increase play counter" to be 0% and update last played + play counter when the media is opened.
  • Add a new "Last accessed" property that's updated when the media is opened.
Peke

Re: Option to update last played on access

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I just tried and If you increase Played/Skipped # manually edited then Last Played/Skipped is also Changed/Updated (added if missing).

Try to Manipulate Played/Skipped # and see if that will work for you.

EDIT: To address your questions above. MM have both Played and Skipped stats, so setting one to 0% is not accurate.

If I got you correctly If played # increase is set to 1% (12s from your example) then if you seek to 1:30 and play it for 12s it should increase Played #, but question is what to do with Skip counter and how we should handle that Seek against it?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts