Is there a way to import play count from Last FM?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

GusFit

Is there a way to import play count from Last FM?

Post by GusFit »

I recently dusted off my ipod classic and turned it into a flac player with rockbox. I'm trying to setup some auto-playlists, and would love to be able to import play counts from last fm for this because the bulk of my listening will be on the ipod. I already have scrobbling enabled in rockbox, and use box scrobbler to send to last fm. I just need a way to get those play counts to send back to mediamonkey, but haven't found anything that works.

Is there any way to do this, or am I sol?
Lowlander

Re: Is there a way to import play count from Last FM?

Post by Lowlander »

Not with MediaMonkey 5. I'm not sure if there was an Addon to this in MMW4.
GusFit

Post by GusFit »

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the late response!

I did find a couple of options on github, but they didn't work. albumplays seems to be exactly what I'm looking for but there is no download for it.
Calrissian34

Post by Calrissian34 »

Did you find a way to do this?
oddtoddy

Post by oddtoddy »

I have the old Last.fm Playcount Importer extension from Mediamonkey 3 and I just tried it yesterday with Mediamonkey 4. While it does load and run, after it finishes and gives the completed message, the playcounts aren't updating in the tags. I'll install MediaMonkey 3 again today and see if it works. I can send you the extension or upload it somewhere if you want to play around with it.

Edit: Actually it looks like the links still work in this thread viewtopic.php?t=37341