Display not working - can't select any menu

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Alliandre

Display not working - can't select any menu

Post by Alliandre »

I haven't used MM for Android for a couple of months. I went onto it today but I can't do anything. If I select music, playlists, folders etc, nothing happens and I don't get a list of my music.

I can still listen to music via the widget by playing the last playlist that I was listening to.

I tried to add a screenshot but it said I don't have permission to add links.

It lists Home, Music, Playlists etc on the left. If I tap on one the text colour changes from white to organe, but it doesn't open anything.
Lowlander

Re: Display not working - can't select any menu

Post by Lowlander »

Screenshots: viewtopic.php?t=97733

Have you tried to Check for new/changed media?
Alliandre

Post by Alliandre »

I did follow the instructions about posting screenshots but it said I didn't have permission to add a link. I tried to add spaces to the link as per the instructions and it still wouldn't let me post it. I've just tried again putting loads of spaces in the URL and it still won't post it.

I tried check for new / changed media and it did a scan, but the menus still aren't work.
Alliandre

Post by Alliandre »

If this attempt at a screeshot link actually works then apologies because I know it's barely legible as it's full of pargraph breaks and spaces. I dont know how else I can post it as it keeps blocking it,

StitchTech

Post by StitchTech »

I am having this same issue. I just got a new Samsung Tab S9 and installed MMA on it. I set everything up with proper access and watched while it (very slowly) scanned the 9k files on my SD card. After the database update, the main screen returns and none of the links work. I can change which ones appear in Options, but none of them display any data.

I followed instructions to completely wipe the MMA installation and all setting files, but after another attempt to install and configure everything, the issue remains. I have done the exact same thing on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G with no difficulties. The tablet runs Android 14 and the Note 20 runs Android 13 and the first is a tablet and the second is a phone, but other than that, everything is the same.
Alliandre

Post by Alliandre »

I have figured out that the problem only occurs in landscape mode. It works normally in portrait mode, however I rarely use my tablet in portrait mode. Does anyone know how to fix this please?
StitchTech

Post by StitchTech »

Confirmed. A couple of other things, too:

1. If you press a menu option in landscape, then turn the tab to portrait, the correct page shows - so, the menu is accepting input but the page isn't changing.

2. This works correctly on my phone - just not on my tablet.
StitchTech

Post by StitchTech »

Well, I think I've found the bug. What is happening is that the side menu isn't closing after an option is selected. The app can be used in landscape mode on tablets by selecting your menu option, then swiping left from the right edge to close the menu overlay. BTW, the menu overlay is only supposed to cover the left side of the screen when open so you can still see the content beneath. On the tablet, the menu is all the way across the screen and doesn't show anything else or retract until you manually move it.
Alliandre

Post by Alliandre »

Thank you - yes it was a problem with the overlay so swiping from the right brought back the rest of the display. The bug seems to be fixed now, thankfully, but useful to know in case it happens again.