MM5 2684 cast fails

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Linwood

MM5 2684 cast fails

Post by Linwood »

I generally use MM for organizing a library used in a player piano, or with bluetooth on a phone, but occasionally try casting to home devices. last time (year? not sure) it worked fine to google devices on the same subnet (once I removed a secondary NIC).

I was going to work with MM again and grabbed the latest (2684), installed in portable mode, it is generally working fine, but cast is not. The devices show up fine, but when you cast to them it just comes up after a delay as inaccessible or off (it is neither).

A network sniff shows MM doing a bunch of things, including mdns responses with the right address. I don't know what to look for, but network connectivity does not appear to be an issue. I can also cast from my phone, and I've tried firewall on and off (Windows 10 Pro). I can cast to the same device from the same PC running MM5 from Chrome browser.

I am using MM DirectSound Output. it works fine to the attached speakers (HDMI monitor).

I've tried multiple cast based speakers.

Has anything changed that might require some change in setup, or is 2684 known to work with google cast devices (Home Mini and Home Max were both tried).

Linwood
Lowlander

Re: MM5 2684 cast fails

Post by Lowlander »

That's an old build, the current latest is 2817. Please upgrade to it and try again.
Linwood

Post by Linwood »

Crap... been a while since I have been here, went to the bottom of the forum list when i clicked on it, but latest was at the top when you get there from the link in the first post... Thanks.

More in a bit....
Linwood

Post by Linwood »

Works fine. Sigh... blush... need to pay more attention. Sorry for the diversion, we now return control of your computer to the regularly scheduled station.

PS. It oddly took a minute or two for the group as opposed to individual speakers to show up, just in case anyone else stumbles across this note, but it worked fine.