MediaMonkey on Fiio M11 Plus

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Starchild

MediaMonkey on Fiio M11 Plus

Post by Starchild »

This might be a newbie question but I'm using the PC version of MediaMonkey to organize my music, playlists, etc. and have downloaded MediaMonkey for Android to my Fiio M11 Plus DAP. But how do I use the MM app on my DAP to play songs in my car (2023 Volkswagen)?

I've been trying to connect Android Auto but I keep getting a message on my car's infotainment that says, "Confirmation may be necessary on your mobile device" but I'm never prompted on my Fiio to confirm and Android Auto doesn't seem to launch on my infotainment screen. I'm chasing this down w VW.

Alternatively, I do see my MediaMonkey songs and playlists when I launch the native Fiio Music App. And the only way songs will play are if I navigate to the Fiio microSD card via my car's infotainment screen via My Media. But it limits how many playlists I can access for some reason. Ideally, I'd just like to launch MediaMonkey for Android Auto on my Fiio and play my songs and playlists in my car!

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing? There has to be an easier way. Thank you!
Peke

Re: MediaMonkey on Fiio M11 Plus

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You possibly need to sideload Android Auto APK if not listed in Play store.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Starchild

Re: MediaMonkey on Fiio M11 Plus

Post by Starchild »

Thanks Peke for the quick response!

I had already downloaded the Android Auto app to my device from the Google Play store. But, I went ahead and also did a local install of the APK file (sideload). Nothing changed. It looks like Android Auto wants to launch on the car but unfortunately, I still get the same error from my car that "Confirmation may be necessary on your mobile device". On my Fiio device I have Notifications turned on all for all apps but I don't get any notifications for this.

Any idea how others are using MM for Android to play music on their Fiio in their cars? Or why my car's internal infotainment center/screen is not recognizing all of my playlists?

Any more help here would be greatly appreciated.