New "feature" - Items to upload

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

SteveB23

New "feature" - Items to upload

Post by SteveB23 »

Build 2.0.0.1073 installed itself on my Pixel 6a phone a couple of days ago, and I am seeing a new "feature" when I sync with MMW: Items to upload. I'm not sure, but it looks like maybe it wants to upload 9 playlists back to the server? (I have 11 playlists currently on my phone.) But at the bottom of the screen it says there are 0 tracks and 0 playlists to upload. Can anyone tell me what it's really trying to do? Generally, I do not make local changes on the phone, and if I did, I probably would not want them to get pushed back to my desktop -- although I might consider it if I knew exactly what was going to happen.

There's no way I've played or made changes to 9 of them in the last couple of days.

Thanks,
Steve
Lowlander

Re: New "feature" - Items to upload

Post by Lowlander »

You can disable Sync from device to the PC if you do not wish this to happen. There could have been auto-tagging of Artwork or Lyrics that happened.

How do you see nine tracks and 0 tracks to upload? Maybe a screenshot helps.
SteveB23

Post by SteveB23 »

As I said, I have 11 playlists:

When I perform a sync, this is what I see. (I've expanded the "Playlists" list so you can see the 9 playlists; otherwise all I get is the bolded "Playlists" and "9 playlists" text with the down arrow and the empty checkbox.) If I check one or more of the boxes, the number beside the "Playlists" at the bottom is updated accordingly. I did not notice that before.

Is there any way to see what exactly would be uploaded back to the media server? I probably wouldn't mind if all it's doing is sending play stats or updating lyrics (which I assume would be contained in the MMW database), but I do NOT want MMW messing with the MP3 tags on the media files themselves, because I've spent a lot of time getting them organized the way I like them.

Thanks,
Steve
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You have nothing enabled to be uploaded, thus the count is 0. It seems that the Playlists have been modified since Sync (re-arranged, files added/deleted), but no files are asked to be uploaded.
EricChandler

Post by EricChandler »

I can't activate it, can someone guide me
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

On the Items to upload screen you need to enable the specific items you want uploaded.