Multiple auto-tag for movies/TV

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

martialartsguy

Multiple auto-tag for movies/TV

Post by martialartsguy »

I have a couple of issues with auto-tag & MM5 for films and TVs.

1. First off, I'd like to run the auto-tag feature for multiple movies at once, having them each save their respective information (especially Artwork) in the individual files. When I run more than one movie at once, the artwork for the first result gets put into all the tags. So for example, trying to tag two files means that the Artwork for one gets put into both.

Is there a way around this?

2. Second, I'm trying to auto-tag multiple files of one TV show, and when I grab a full Season of something (all the episodes), the Titles get duplicated into one name. For example, Season 1 of Seinfeld: the Titles are changed to "Seinfeld" rather than the name of the episode.

Thanks!
MM Gold since 2006
Lowlander

Re: Multiple auto-tag for movies/TV

Post by Lowlander »

It seems you're using an old MediaMonkey 5 release. I'd recommend trying the latest MediaMonkey 5.0.4 release. Does that fix these issues for you?
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

OK, I tried MM. 5.0.4 for two of my movies in Action, and now one of the posters is attached to every file in that folder. :(
MM Gold since 2006
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Artwork as files works best with separate folders per item that uses Artwork. In the case of Movies, each movie should be in their own folder with their respective Artwork. Is this how you've set it up, or are all the movie files affected in the same folder?
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

I guess I should have specified: all my video files (movies and TV) are .mp4, and I'm trying to attach the Artwork to the file, not the folder.
MM Gold since 2006
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are the mp4 files in the same folder though? And is there now an Artwork file in that folder?
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

I've moved the entire library to individual folders, and yes, the Artwork is now both in the tag and in the folder.

However, grabbing more than one file and running auto-tag still does something weird with the Artwork, and seems to mix them up or just use one image.
MM Gold since 2006
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Unfortunately, if you want Artwork tagged, you'll need to use Auto-Tag per Movie for now.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In addition to Lowlander state. We have Movie type on to-do for quite some time, and each time we revise implementation and/or try to add make it it creates more problems than it fixes, especially as many many video formats do not fully support tags or make things so much difficult to support (eg. MKV require whole file to be demuxex -> remuxed in order to save metadata and imagine how long would take on 20gb BD quality movie stored on NAS over WiFi [I have WiFi 6 at home and 2.5gb LAN to NAS] just to save Title and Year). Not to talk about finding reliable free (for both us and users) metadata source.

I really hope it will be added as even I have small number of movies I absolutely love.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts