How to get Album Art?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Jlaz

How to get Album Art?

Post by Jlaz »

Brand new user here. Is there a command to tell MMW to go fetch missing album art and load it in the respective files?

Thank you
Lowlander

Re: How to get Album Art?

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Metadata Lookup does it automatically when playing a file. On the Artwork tab of Properties there is a button to do a lookup
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Jlaz wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:00 pm Brand new user here. Is there a command to tell MMW to go fetch missing album art and load it in the respective files?

Thank you
I have found that the 'best' way to do this is manually ... I go to Discogs first and look for a 500x or 600x image. then save that off to the folder with the album tracks in it. Then go into MM (i actually prefer Tag&Rename) and add the album art to the tracks. This way you get the image you want.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
corbathegeek

Post by corbathegeek »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:23 pm Tools > Options > Metadata Lookup does it automatically when playing a file. On the Artwork tab of Properties there is a button to do a lookup
Any idea how to get the album art to be stored in the same location as the MP3 files for that album?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Tags & Playlists has settings on how Artwork is stored.
JABMLR

Post by JABMLR »

Hi. I've been using MM for about a year now, and only recently having upgraded to a newer phone and reloading my music now have no album art, and pressing on the screen used to give me the option to add art but now does not. I'm not 100% sure on what I'm doing and honestly some of the jargon in this post confuses me. In layman's terms, how can I apply art to each track/album??