Sync to USB

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ifishnc

Sync to USB

Post by ifishnc »

I am trying to copy my music to USB drives so I can play it in my car. I create a playlist for each thumb drive, and then send it to the USB. Then I can create a report (GREAT FEATURE) and build an Excel spreadsheet with complete documentation so I can find the songs/albums I want.
My problem is this. Sometimes when I "send to" ,the files for all the albums in the playlist just go over in one big bunch. Other times when I send to an option comes up to sync to the USB. This creates folders (albums in my case) in the USB drive. This is how I want them. However, I don't know how to make every playlist go to the USB via sync versus copy. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Peke

Re: Sync to USB

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Main difference is that with Copy you just copy files to device and with Send to Sync use criteria from Sync profile and structure is created. Regarding Playlist you can right click on Playlist and use Send to Sync to copy files and create playlist on device.

A suggestion: You may change sync profile to relative path so that playlist reference better to file/folder structure.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ifishnc

Post by ifishnc »

Can you tell me how to set up a sync profile. I am a newbie. Also I have the free version if it makes a difference.
Thanks for your patience.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... evices/4.0

There generally isn't much to it. Connect the device and if it's already recognized a Device Profile will be created. Then just select what to Sync and then set how it should be synced to your device.