Many tracks missing when syncing playlists from MMW to MMA

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

gabrielle

Many tracks missing when syncing playlists from MMW to MMA

Post by gabrielle »

I have many playlists, some with 1000's of songs. Everything is as it should be in MMW. However, when I sync to MMA (via cable since WiFi no longer works) many/most of the songs in any given playlist are missing. I have tried deleting all playlists on MMA and doing a "send to device" for each playlist but the results are no better.

FWIW, I did a detailed comparison of the database in MMW to MMA - only to discover that over 2200 songs had not made it from MMW to MMA on the initial sync to my new phone. I manually added every single one of those 2200+ songs via "send to device" - some of which I had to send 3-4 times before they finally appeared in MMA.

However, even after confirming that every song necessary for each playlist was in MMA, playlists syncs/sends will not send the entire playlist. As an example, a playlist in MMW might have 356 songs - but that same playlist in MMA only has 45.

All of this is beyond frustrating. Upon discovering that most of my playlists were missing songs after the initial cable sync, I spent many days comparing the 2 databases - only to discover the missing 2200+ songs. I then spent many more days manually sending those songs to MMA - only to discover that the playlists, while improved, were still missing the majority of their tracks. If anyone else had run into these kinds of problems, I think they would have ditched MM for something else. I have loved MM in the past - when WiFi sync worked and cable sync worked. But to pay (yes, I am Gold) for a program that is this flawed is just wrong. Forgive my venting - if there was something simple I should have done/not done that caused these problems I would love to be corrected. Thank you for your help - I am desperate to find a way to get all of the songs for every playlist on my phone.
Lowlander

Re: Many tracks missing when syncing playlists from MMW to MMA

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and MMA?
gabrielle

Post by gabrielle »

MMW = 4.1.29.1910 (MediaMonkey Gold)
MMA = 1.3.9.0924 (MediaMonkey Pro)

Thanks! Sorry I didn't include that the first time!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

An issue has been addressed around this with build 933+ of MMA. You may want to check if an update for MediaMonkey is already available for you in the Google Play store.

The question here is if the files are really not on the device, or not in the Playlists, but on device.
gabrielle

Post by gabrielle »

Lowlander,
Thanks for your reply - you do amazing work on this forum! No update available in Play Store. I have verified that every song needed for each playlist is on the device and shows up in MMA. All playlists are correct in MMW. I have verified that each playlist named in MMW is shown on the device in MMA. However, the problem is that most songs for each playlist in MMA do not appear in the playlist on the device. Does that help in answering "The question here is if the files are really not on the device, or not in the Playlists, but on device."?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, I suggest waiting till you can update MMA and the resync to see if the fix fixes this for you.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Apply for test builds and you should get Beta version.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gabrielle

Post by gabrielle »

Thank you to both of you for responding. I did sign up for the beta program but, frankly, given how many problems with basic functions I've had with a stable version I'm not sure how comfortable I am using a beta. I'll give it a shot and keep my fingers crossed ...
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Google Play store do not have Release Candidate Step, so we must use Beta :(

FYI When New Stable is released then Beta is increased in order to trigger update and prepare next cycle even it is exactly the same as Stable release.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts