Verify setup please

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nekslein0

Verify setup please

Post by nekslein0 »

Hi, I'm quite new to the streaming thing and would appreciate if someone could provide feedback on my intended setup I plan on buying. I've used MM before but my computer went dead after more than 10 years of service. My next machine will be driven by Windows 10 Home user, hard wired to a dual band router, maybe a D-Link DIR-855L. I am looking at a Denon AVR-S710W receiver as a medium between computer and speakers. The receiver is located in another room in my house. That unit is wi-fi compatible although I couldn't find the wi-fi specs for it. It does say DLNA 1.5 certified. My music on my computer HD is alomost all in FLAC format with some mp3. The Denon is able to play FLAC directly (from their documentation).

My first question is will I be able to stream my music to the receiver using MM? Second question is will I be able to control MM via my cell phone or tablet, both Android devices?

Any comfirmation, advice, suggestions will be greathly appreciated. Best would be to avoid frustration in buying the wrong equipment for what I want to do.

Thank you
Lowlander

Re: Verify setup please

Post by Lowlander »

It also has ethernet capability if wifi proves to slow (it shouldn't).

I'd personally look for a device that can do DLNA, Chromecast and Bluetooth if you want maximum ability regarding MediaMonkey (MediaMonkey for Android and MediaMonkey 5 have Chromecast capability beside DLNA capability). The Denon doesn't mention this capability. The more capability also future proves the device better as technologies tend to get abandoned over time.
Chromecast has the added benefit of allowing multi-device casting (and actually working) which both MMA and MM5 support.

I believe BubbleUPnP on Android allows to control MediaMonkey Server to Denon Client.