Selecting?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

Selecting?

Post by MMFrLife »

I noticed "select all" under Edit and there is "ctrl + select each one individually".
What about grab select with mouse?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
๐Ÿ˜œ
PetrCBR

Re: Selecting?

Post by PetrCBR »

Mouse selection is in TO-DO
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks, Petr.

Just to give you something to think about, because I know the dev team doesn't have enough to think about already :wink: ,
I would "really" love to be able to mouse select around the middle to far-right horizontal direction of the columns layout in the
file list without the horizontal scroll shooting back far left just after the start of the grab. This is a huge pain in MM4.

I like to select things based on looking at column info that isn't always in the visible, left-most part of the file list.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
๐Ÿ˜œ
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you put what you "really love" it in picture?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

It's kind of difficult to put into a picture, but it's easy to test in MM4.

First, in simple Details View, you need to have enough columns selected to where a considerable number of them are "not" visible without h. scrolling
to the right. Try it on a show details view where all of the columns are selected. Maybe you have that with Entire Library?

In the file list, slide the horizontal scroll over about 3 quarters towards the right. Now, grab/mouse select near the top downward.
As you start to slide downward, it should shoot back over towards the left. Having it "not" doing that is what I would love.
๐Ÿ˜œ
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I tried in the Now Playing node in MM4 and no scrolling of any sort is happening. In a Collection it only scrolls horizontally back to the first column on MM4. Funny, never noticed this.