Creating a custom file type in file properties window

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

arvo

Creating a custom file type in file properties window

Post by arvo »

When editing the file properties of a tag on the Basic tab there is a drop down menu for type (Music, Podcast, Audiobook, Classical Music, Music Video, TV, Video Podcast).

I was wondering if it is possible to create custom types

like the Classical Music using the format and fields of the existing but allowing me to have my own types.
MMFrLife

Re: Creating a custom file type in file properties window

Post by MMFrLife »

No. This has been requested before. Maybe MM5 will have more types and/or ability to create custom ones.
arvo wrote:like the Classical Music using the format and fields of the existing but allowing me to have my own types.
Are you talking about "major" types and/or "sub"-types under something like Classical Music?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Types is a build in mechanism with no user configuration. However Collections which by default are based on Type can be based on any criteria (Gold feature).
arvo

Post by arvo »

I Mainly looking to create different ways to create different types for Video media at the moment.

Like there already is for TV, Video, Music Video. I would like to create ones such as a type for videos that I have made ect.

Maybe an option to copy existing types as a template because the fields would be similar.

Brett
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

If you want something highly customized, collections (Gold) would be the way to go. You can name the collection anything you want, like, "Videos I've Made".
You can also place anywhere you want in the tree.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I use Collections with Criteria Path as those types are logically separate by path on the PC.
arvo

Post by arvo »

Thanks for the advice guys. I will have to set up some of these.

I've learned a lot about media monkey the pas while.

Brett