devices - can't move to top of MM media tree

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

denisova

devices - can't move to top of MM media tree

Post by denisova »

Question: MM media tree – How can I make a removable device (mp3 player, etc.) appear near the top of the media tree?

I have several mp3 players that I frequently sync with MM. When I connect the devices, they appear near the bottom of the media tree. I want these removable devices to appear near the top of the media tree when connected, not near the bottom.

When one of these devices is connected, you can see them in options > library > media tree. You also see up/down arrows, which I have successfully used to change the display order for other media tree items (e.g. the nodes for podcast, playlists and downloads). However, using the same technique for a removable device does not work. Even though the up/down arrows make the device move to a higher spot on the tree, when I next connect the device, it again appears near the bottom of the media tree.

I also tried to click-and-drag the device to a different spot in the media tree list. Another failure.

So… how to I make a removable device appear near the top of the media tree?

denisova
MMW Gold v4.1.9 (portable mode)
denisova

Re: devices - can't move to top of MM media tree

Post by denisova »

¿Anyone?

Is there a way to make a connected device appear at the top of the media tree list?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, a shortcut will appear in the Media Tree if a device is hidden from view.
denisova

Post by denisova »

Lowlander wrote:No, a shortcut will appear in the Media Tree if a device is hidden from view.
I don't get it. Would you rephrase?

The 'shortcut' in the media tree, shouldn't you be able to move it up/down in options > library > media tree?

For example, just as you can do with the Downloads item. If memory serves, the default sort location for 'Downloads' was near the bottom of the tree. Using the arrow up/down arrow icons in media tree options, I moved Downloads to the top of the tree. Now, when podcast downloads are in progress, the Downloads shortcut appears at the top of the tree. When downloads are finished, the Downloads item becomes invisible.

Wouldn't a device shortcut work the same way?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, I'm not referring the main Tree entry, instead a shortcut is shown when the main tree entry is out of view. Device main tree entry location can't be modified.
denisova

Post by denisova »

Bummer.

But thanks for clearing this up. I suppose I'll need to develop a workflow that takes account of the fixed-at-bottom-of-tree location for devices.
denisova