Autotag

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Bluezoo

Autotag

Post by Bluezoo »

I am trying to get the correct title/artist tags for my music collection. Much of the collection has been correctly labelled, but some (thousands of tracks) still needs to be sorted out.

I can do this using auto-tag by filename, with the appropriate mask, when I access via specific location on MM.

BUT, accessing music under 'Music' which shows all my collection, the filename is a media-server name like "Blue%20Monday%2D88.mp3" - which won't work for auto-tag, nor do changes made by via specific location seem to be visible.

I am sure there must be an easy way around this - any ideas?
nohitter151

Re: Autotag

Post by nohitter151 »

Bluezoo wrote:I am trying to get the correct title/artist tags for my music collection. Much of the collection has been correctly labelled, but some (thousands of tracks) still needs to be sorted out.

I can do this using auto-tag by filename, with the appropriate mask, when I access via specific location on MM.

BUT, accessing music under 'Music' which shows all my collection, the filename is a media-server name like "Blue%20Monday%2D88.mp3" - which won't work for auto-tag, nor do changes made by via specific location seem to be visible.

I am sure there must be an easy way around this - any ideas?
Sounds like you scanned the music in over UPnP, this will not work. UPnP allows for playback only.

If you are adding music from over the network you must use the UNC path, local IP address, or mapped drive letter. It is preferable to scan a UNC path rather than a mapped drive. e.g.
\\ip _address\path (almost always works)
\\computer_name\path (often works)
J: (mapped network drive often fails)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Bluezoo

Post by Bluezoo »

Thanks - having experimented a little, I am sure you are right. I'm half pleased that now I have the answer, but half very frustrated, because now I will have to reimport everything and do all the edits I have done all over again!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Addon can copy tags from select files to other select files: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... +duplicate
bankstodd72

Post by bankstodd72 »

I am trying to auto tag my filename from my title and track # for my Audiobooks. I want for example
Title "Chapter" and Track # "01" to combine into Filename "Chapter 01"

Is there an add-on for this?

Thanks
Todd
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Check out RegExp Find & Replace http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=28510

It's one of the most useful scripts in the realm of the Monkey, but it takes a bit to get the hang of it (much of the interface is not intuitive and the presets are somewhat clumsily organized only because of difficulty finding a better way) and will likely take a couple of actions performed to complete what you want.

But of the more "complex" scripts it is my favorite to have to deal with (it's saved me hours of work) :wink:

- I can't think of an easier way off the top of my head, but even if someone does, I still recommend learning this one (It's like a file renamer program but for both tags and
filesnames).
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

bankstodd72 wrote:I am trying to auto tag my filename from my title and track # for my Audiobooks. I want for example
Title "Chapter" and Track # "01" to combine into Filename "Chapter 01"
Use Auto-Organize Files and <Title> <Track#:2> to rename the files.