"0 Items" found with version 4.1.0.1692

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

mjlenox

"0 Items" found with version 4.1.0.1692

Post by mjlenox »

My apologies if this has already been asked or answered. My search results of the forum didn't seem to find this problem.

I just installed the new version 4.1.0.1692 this week. Prior to that, I was able to use the client SmartPlayer on my Windows phone over my household wifi to play music from my MM playlists, and it worked beautifully. With this latest version, it no longer works. I can see both "MediaMonkey Server" and "MediaMonkey Library" on my client. I have granted access in MM on the desktop PC. In the client, I can pull up the server (either one), and I can see the "folders" such as "Classical Music," "Music," "Podcast," etc. When I select Playlists, I can see all of the playlists listed as well. However, every single one of them says "0 items." This is REALLY bumming me out because I used to use this every single day to listen to music while I work. Now it would seem MM no longer works.

Please tell me I am missing something before I go to the drastic measure of trying to re-install the prior version (WHICH WORKED) or trashing MM and going to something else that does work.

Many thanks.
Lowlander

Re: "0 Items" found with version 4.1.0.1692

Post by Lowlander »

It's working for me. Check that the Playlists contain files in MediaMonkey. If that's the case you should check the Auto-Conversion settings in the Media Server. Clients tend to not show files they can't play.
mjlenox

Post by mjlenox »

Darn. I thought maybe you were on to something, but I checked the Auto-Conversion. "Server" is set not to auto-convert anything and "Library" is set to convert several items. Neither server shows any items in the client except the playlists themselves. They show as having nothing in them even though they do in MM itself. I get so frustrated whenever a company upgrades software and then it no longer works.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have any other clients you can check?
mjlenox

Post by mjlenox »

Lowlander wrote:Do you have any other clients you can check?
Smart Player is the only client I have tried on my Windows Phone. It worked beautifully until I installed the latest version of MediaMonkey, now still ZERO items, even though it shows all of the categories and artists.

On my Android tablet, I use the MediaMonkey client, so that works fine, however there is no MM client for Windows Phone. My disappointment is that Ventis would release an "upgrade" that actually breaks what used to work terrifically.

I have tried changing the Share settings for MM Server in several different ways now without any luck. After many years of enjoying MediaMonkey, looks like maybe it's time to dump it and find something else. :(

UPDATE: I just tried another Client called my mediaHub and get exactly the same results. All playlists, categories, etc. are listed from the MM Server, but ZERO ITEMS within each.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It would be a bug in either client (phone) or server (MediaMonkey), or a settings mistake as this works as expected for me on a variety of clients (and it's expected to).

First to restart your PC and phone, this sometimes clears things up. If that fails, to resolve the issue you should capture a debug log (step 4b) of the client (phone) accessing the MediaMonkey server, this should give the developers clues as to why your client doesn't see any items. Send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69