Albums display format change request

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

uham999

Albums display format change request

Post by uham999 »

I am finding the Album display a bit frustrating. The Album display shows the artist in brakets alongside the Album name. This is generally a nice feature. However, when displaying compilation albums where the tracks in one album are by several artists, multiple entries for the same album are listed each with a different artist displayed alongside in brackets. In my view, this could be improved if the software detected multiple artists in the same album and in this case displayed one entry for the album name and the word Various in brackets along side it.
Apart from this gripe, for my uses, Songs-DB is the best digital music manager I've come across. Keep up the good work.

Steve
jiri

A link to another thread

Post by jiri »

Actually this problem was already discussed in this thread (as number 3.). Please check my reply there and if anything remains unclear, just put your question here.
uham999

Post by uham999 »

Apologies for not reading through the posts more carefully. If I'd seen the thread you referenced, I'd have requested something different. One of the strengths of Songs-DB is that it makes bulk changes to files such as renaming and updating tags really easy. In my case, the method you suggest for merging songs into an album is quite laborious as I have about 150 compilation type albums. The ability to automate this into a batch process would be handy. The program could present a list of all suspected duplicate album names. The functionality to deselect albums from the list would be needed to avoid merging genuinely different albums with the same name. In my collection of 500 albums or so, I have one duplicate album name but about 150 compilation albums that need merging. I'm sure others would benefit from this functionality if their collections are anything like mine.
jiri

Post by jiri »

It is a good idea, the whole process could be simplified this way. I think that you can expect this feature in one of the next releases - it means in several weeks.