Forum Usage: Signature Usage

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Forum Usage: Signature Usage

Post by dtsig »

Just thinking out loud.

Would it be possible to 'save' the signature with the message? The reason for this is that when someone posts, IF they have specifics about their setup (os, mm ver, mma ver etc) in their signature it is helpful to see if they are current etc. BUT since it gets this signature everytime the post is read, if the user keeps their signature up you could be looking at a post from a year ago but see the current setup. Saving the signature in the post would be better.

At least for the configuration information. I understand that many users also add links etc in their posts that they probably want 'current' regardless of when a post is written/read. Kind of a condundrum.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
nohitter151

Re: Forum Usage: Signature Usage

Post by nohitter151 »

dtsig wrote:Just thinking out loud.

Would it be possible to 'save' the signature with the message? The reason for this is that when someone posts, IF they have specifics about their setup (os, mm ver, mma ver etc) in their signature it is helpful to see if they are current etc. BUT since it gets this signature everytime the post is read, if the user keeps their signature up you could be looking at a post from a year ago but see the current setup. Saving the signature in the post would be better.

At least for the configuration information. I understand that many users also add links etc in their posts that they probably want 'current' regardless of when a post is written/read. Kind of a condundrum.
Probably better to put MM version number and system specs directly in the post rather than in the signature for that reason.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Re: Forum Usage: Signature Usage

Post by rovingcowboy »

Thats why i suggested to put the ones that never change in the sig, one person who is doing what you said as in having old info is one who should know better and change the data in his signature to match his new specs, after all shouldnt they be up to date too, just because they are mods do they get to put false info out? So come on chrisjj update your signature data already: :lol:

I do keep mine updated with the propper info. Its just basicly used so we can tell if we are most likely to have the same issues as the person posting.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.