WMA and Playlists

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nedrob

WMA and Playlists

Post by nedrob »

I am using the trial version. The 2 features that are lacking that are keeping me from buying the gold are:

1. Variable Bit Rates in WMA.
2. Being able to open up playlists that I have created in MusicMatch.

When will these features be added?

Thanks.

Ned
jiri

Post by jiri »

1. This is planned for the next release, I hope it will be there.
2. I'm not sure about this one, we don't plan to support every single proprietary solution for playlists and such things, but I'll review what can be done.

Jiri

Post by Guest »

WOOHOO!

VBR WMA9 file encoding is what I have been waiting for. I will upgrade to gold for sure when you guys implement this feature.

Jiri, be sure to get 2 pass encoding in for VBR. It really makes a difference in the quality of the VBR encoding. The only other program
that I know of that supports 2 pass is DBpowerAMP.

Cant wait to use this!

-C
Bandicoot

Post by Bandicoot »

Anonymous wrote:WOOHOO!

VBR WMA9 file encoding is what I have been waiting for. I will upgrade to gold for sure when you guys implement this feature.

Jiri, be sure to get 2 pass encoding in for VBR. It really makes a difference in the quality of the VBR encoding. The only other program
that I know of that supports 2 pass is DBpowerAMP.

Cant wait to use this!

-C
I forgot to login before I posted. By the way, what is the ETA for this new feature?
jiri

Post by jiri »

We hope to fit it in the next version, its alpha release should be out in a couple of weeks, but I cannot say more for this feature yet.

Jiri
rusty

MusicMatch Playlists -- they work fine

Post by rusty »

fyi, I just generated a playlist with MusicMatch and opened it up in MediaMonkey and it works just fine!

note: MusicMatch playlists are stored in /MusicMatch/Playlists, so just scan that directory with MediaMonkey and you're set to go--the playlists will appear under the /Playlists/Imported Playlists node.

-Rusty