trouble with another program makes me post this here.

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

rovingcowboy

trouble with another program makes me post this here.

Post by rovingcowboy »

ok the other program was using the swap file and the ram. i have windows xp and 768 mb's of Rdram,

the program used all the rdram and then all the swap file which was 400 mb's and when my ram cleaner tried to get the ram cleaned it crashed the program because there was no room in the swap file.

the error message i got told me that the program had caused an error and needed to be shut down. when i clicked the ok button i got another message from the help balloons that said my computer had run out of swapfile and windows will adjust it now but needs rebooted when complete.

i did the above and found that it WinXp had only adjusted it 100 mb's and was recomending it be set from 500 mb's to 1150 mb's for the swap file.

i did that and now the system tray is working properly again and the programs dont crash as much any more.

I posted this here just to help if you have troubles that you cant find an answer for. this might be the reason for them.

8)
rusty

swap file questions

Post by rusty »

Roving Cowboy, I'm not sure I understand... Are you saying that during a certain operation, MediaMonkey exhausted your swap file? If so, what operation?

or that some other programs exhausted your swap file and that MM was unstable as a result?

???
Lowlander

A tip

Post by Lowlander »

These seems to be a tip, not a problem with MM.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

:D

just a tip like lowlander thought there rusty no problem with media monkey and swap file.

the problem program was a couple games and ms picture it.

nothing caused anything to happen to media monkey and media monkey did not cause anything to happen to the other stuff.

I just thought that others might be needing this information also. 8)