Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: Batch Art Finder 3.2 [MM2+3] - Updated 29/12/2009

Post by Guest »

BigBlack wrote:
Guest wrote:
Mediator88 wrote:If you are having trouble registering the msinet.ocx file on 64-bit Windows, please use the following method to manually install it:

1. Copy and paste the MSINET.OCX file into your C:/Windows/SysWOW64 directory.
2. Open up a command prompt as an administrator.
3. Type "cd .." This will get you out of the System32 folder and into the Windows folder.
4. Type "cd SysWOW64" This will get you into the SysWOW64 folder.
5. Type "regsvr32 MSINET.OCX" This will register the component.
Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. I'm running 64bit Win7. Launched MM Gold 3.2.0.1294 as admin. Installed BAF3.2 (downloaded today). Followed your advice re msinet.ocx (above). When I click on "Save checked images" I still get the message, that MSInet component is missing.

Best regards,
Christian
I've the same trouble.... Someone resolve it? I don't succed to install msinet on win 7 64-bit... help pls!!
After rebooting Windows and starting MM in admin-mode it finally worked. Looks like you still need to reboot Windows ... after all these years.
BigBlack

Post by BigBlack »

no doesn't was a restart trouble... i found tre problem... I've downloaded msinet version 6.01.9782 from there http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-fil ... nload.html instead i needed this version 6.00.81694 from http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-fil ... nload.html .... Now with manually install it go fine.... Thank you but the next time specifiy the version of ocx pls... Thank you.. Bye
duckwilliamson

Post by duckwilliamson »

Trix: I found my problem! It was due to the comma-separated list of file ext having a . instead of a ,

A note for google images: it loads a generic google image (a non-album cover) first before then loading the next image (due to my size restrictions). It still works of course, but do you intend to fix it or add in an auto-skip first x param so it doesn't load extra google images every time?

Cheers,
-Duck
duckwilliamson

Post by duckwilliamson »

Hey Trix,

Can you get it to allow paths in the file mask that don't exist? I'm trying to set things up so it's M:\Covers\Artist\Album.jpg but it gives an error if the folder doesn't exist.

Cheers,
-Duck
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, I will make the script generate the path in the next version. I've never seen it load a google image first, what is the path of the google image?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
duckwilliamson

Post by duckwilliamson »

Could you also add an option to check the file mask for an existing image if so to not include albums in the batch search? I'm thinking much in the same way you do for if an image is currently "tagged" with an image, but for the option "download file (don't tag)". (I'm trying to to setup my music as Music/Band/Album - Track.mp3 with external art in Covers/Band/Album.jpg)

The image is http://images.google.com/images/nav_logo7.png

If you can do this I'll wait for the next version rather than trying to rebatch my whole collection.

Thanks for the best MM plugin,
-Duck
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, I will ignore images like this in the next version. Do you only want the the check to happen in "Download only" mode, or for all modes?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
duckwilliamson

Post by duckwilliamson »

Whatever is easiest of course ;)

Although, technically it'd be most versatile if you make it check for all modes, unless there is no mask.

Thanks for such prompt feedback! When do you think the next version will be around: days, weeks, months?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The problem with adding it for other nodes is the fact that you would need to not do the download but still skip into the tagging section of code. Assuming this isn't to complicated I will add it for all modes.

No idea when the next version will be. This depends on too many factors, including how much spare time I find for scripting, what scripts I take on, and how long they take to do. As I've updated this script in the last couple of weeks, there are other ones on my list that I will work on first.
duckwilliamson

Post by duckwilliamson »

Well I haven't looked into your code or anything, but since this takes place in the very first scan step before the batching is even run I'd assume it'd make no difference what mode was selected? I assume you iterate all selected albums and check if there's a tagged image, then add to the "to find" list if none - it'd be one extra check looking at the file mask for exists as well.

Obviously you have an idea of what to do, that's just my thought process :)

I patiently await your update - if it's really easy to do feel free to let me know what/where to add stuff and I'll hack into my script before you do a full release :D

Cheers,
-Duck
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I assumed that in the other modes if any image was found at the mask but it wasn't included in the tags, then it should be added to the tags according to the mode - do you not agree?
duckwilliamson

Re: Batch Art Finder 3.2 - Updated 29/12/2009

Post by duckwilliamson »

Your Album Art Tagger script already can do that - "02. Embed artwork (copy from mask to tag)". I just wanted to batch search for art that's missing from the mask.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

True, ok :)
iamsid

Post by iamsid »

Is there a way to set the default to search off of "ARTIST" instead of "ALBUM ARTIST" - most of my tracks do not have an album artist (personal preference thing) and it's causing quite a bit of varied results searching just on album title...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Not at the moment. I thought that the artist name would be used if the album artist is blank, but it's not, so I will add this in the next version.