is it a problem? or ...

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

cookie

is it a problem? or ...

Post by cookie »

well lets say i have a folder in the desktop that i put my new mp3s and after a while i pass them on music folder the problem is that the songs will be shown in both files althouth the folder in the desktop is deleted is there something i an do????
Lowlander

Visit the "dead links" item

Post by Lowlander »

Check out the "Dead Links" item under the "Files to edit" item in the explorer tree on the left side of the program.

All the files deleted in the desktop folder should show up here. You can delete them from this folder and they'll be deleted out of the library. This takes care of duplicates.

You can also use MM to move the files from one to another folder, this prevents the problem from ever occuring. Just select the files (you might want to use the "location" tab in the explorer tree to locate the files) click right on them and use the move files item.

Of course in MM gold you can setup the filemonitor and whatever you move will be automatically detected by MM.
cookie

Post by cookie »

but the problem is that i am using the gold verion and i monitor the my music folder and the folder in the desktop and when i moved the folder of the desktop to my music nothing happened + everytime i open the prgram i dont think that it monitores because its very very fast accessible... any ideas?
Lowlander

Sorry

Post by Lowlander »

This sounds like a problem for the makers of MM, you might want to aid them by disclosing some more information:

* Program version
* Settings in File Monitor
* OS and PC data

Hope they can help you out, good luck!
jiri

Post by jiri »

There were some problems in monitoring moved folders in version 2.0.1, it should be properly resolved now, you can either download the latest beta, or wait a couple of days for the final release of 2.0.2. In any case we would be pleased if you could confirm that the fix works well on your machine.

Jiri

Post by Guest »

i am using the beta build 2.574 ... windows xp prof
jiri

Post by jiri »

In case you have found a situation in the latest beta where you think that filemonitor should detect a change and it didn't, we would appreciate if you could generate a log of this situation (as described in http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=341) and send it to us together with a detailed description of the problem (source and destination folder of the operation, etc.).

Thanks,
Jiri