Help with fonts size

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Dreadlau

Help with fonts size

Post by Dreadlau »

When I edit "listitem TextSelected"
If i change color it works in MM
If I change fonts style it works too.

But if I change fonts size nothing happens.

Why is that? How can I change the fonts size?
rovingcowboy

Re: Help with fonts size

Post by rovingcowboy »

you use to be allowed to change them when you clicked the button to change the font style, in the engine.
but i think they stopped allowing that when they made the font size option on the monkeys option panel.

but i am not for sure on that petrcbr will know if they do still allow it, but you can try to change them with that old way in the font style selection if it works it works, :) if it don't, then it don't? :(

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Ty for your answer Roving Cowboy.

Aww, so it's not possible :(

MMM I found some kind of workaround using calibri and segoe ui.
(which look similar but have different size for the same font size.)

Another question,

I can't seem to find where to change the background of the "album art panel"

Could you point me in the right direction?

Btw, just for clarifying, should the fonts be changed in "objects" or in "font"

The wiki says
All fonts in the fonts node should be set to 'Arial' to ensure correct functionality in unicode environments
and
For Font properties other that in 'Fonts' node (like ListBox\ItemAdv\ActiveFont).
They allow to use 'MS Shell Dlg 2' font and thus it should be used when needed (such occasions are appear in the above list)
-- the trick with 'Arial' font isn't used there).

But I don't really understand what it means. :oops:
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Main albumview: = Colors/ Window
But i found out how to change the backround from the main albumart view window,it's very tricky!

Objects/Form/Client just change the backround of menus, you can change the albumart view backround
under ThemeEditor/Colors/Window!But this change again Object/Form/Client, go back and select the colors
for the menus in Object/Form/Client, thatS it !
Some fonts can be change under Objects and some under fonts,like
Listbox

Defines the look of listboxes (e.g. the Scan Folders dialog, tracklist)

Objects:
Item\ActiveBitmap - for selected item background
ItemAdv\ActiveBitmap - for unfocused selected text background

ItemAdv\ActiveFont - for unfocused control selected text font

Fonts:
Fonts\ListItemTextNormal - for normal text
Fonts\ListItemTextHot - for 'hot' text
Fonts\ListItemTextSelected - for selected text

Looks like you work on something :wink:
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

DreadM wrote:Greetings

Main albumview: = Colors/ Window

But i found out how to change the backround from the main albumart view window,it's very tricky!

Objects/Form/Client just change the backround of menus, you can change the albumart view backround
under ThemeEditor/Colors/Window!But this change again Object/Form/Client, go back and select the colors
for the menus in Object/Form/Client, thatS it !
Worked like a charm :D
DreadM wrote:Some fonts can be change under Objects and some under fonts,like
Listbox

Defines the look of listboxes (e.g. the Scan Folders dialog, tracklist)

Objects:
Item\ActiveBitmap - for selected item background
ItemAdv\ActiveBitmap - for unfocused selected text background

ItemAdv\ActiveFont - for unfocused control selected text font

Fonts:
Fonts\ListItemTextNormal - for normal text
Fonts\ListItemTextHot - for 'hot' text
Fonts\ListItemTextSelected - for selected text
Ok Thx for the explanation.

This brings a question: I changed all the fonts in "fonts".
Should I change them back to Arial (except for listbox) and redefine them in "object one by one"
so that it
ensure correct functionality in unicode environments

DreadM wrote:Looks like you work on something :wink:
Oh I have nothing precise in mind. I just play a bit with the engine. Try to understand how it works.
But so far it looks like fun :D

Maybe in the future, I'll try to make a contribution :wink:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

everyones computer has substatue fonts incase one is use they don't have their system will supply one,
just which it is depends on their system,

i'll have to look around at the objects things again but every time i try to change them in there they never work.

but to change the album art background you need to make an noaa.png image
so when the song plays with out album art, that image will show.

if you want to change colors on the fonts in the album art list view for songs the only place i know to change
that is in the virtual tree object. but i only found that by looking in to the skin file of a skin that had those fonts changed, after some one showed me in a post someplace the virtual tree object is where they were. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

rovingcowboy wrote: if you want to change colors on the fonts in the album art list view for songs the only place i know to change
that is in the virtual tree object. but i only found that by looking in to the skin file of a skin that had those fonts changed, after some one showed me in a post someplace the virtual tree object is where they were. :)

Thx for the info.