Script access to tags?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

mhite

Script access to tags?

Post by mhite »

Ok, big dumb question warning. Be prepared.

--> Can a MediaMonkey script get access to an ID3 tag that isn't normally in the UI? I would like to get a script that copies TIT1 or TKEY ID3 tags into one of the MediaMonkey custom fields. Possible? Impossible? My scenario is that I have an application -- Rapid Evolution -- that writes song key (ie. C# Major, G Minor, etc.) information to both the TIT1 and TKEY tags, none of which I can see inside MediaMonkey. I can set up a custom tag called 'key' inside of MM, and it would be great if I could have a script that copies TIT1 and/or TKEY over to the custom tag.

Possible/ not possible?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is not possible, you can only connect to the DB.

Of course you could write a plugin that could this, but that would be more advanced than writing a script.

PS. Support for more ID3 fields has been requested, I don't know if MediaMonkey 3.0 will support any new fields. I do believe that MediaMonkey 3.0 will support ID3v2.4.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, it is possible - the script that Bex has linked to is an example. However, this has not been fully developed, so I'm not sure how reliable this method is.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

imo MediaMonkey should expose core tag-editing functionality (but saying this is much easier than actually implementing it!). MM itself uses a id3-library (id3lib.dll) that does this.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
mhite

Post by mhite »

Steegy wrote:imo MediaMonkey should expose core tag-editing functionality (but saying this is much easier than actually implementing it!). MM itself uses a id3-library (id3lib.dll) that does this.
Very badly needed, yes... :(
trixmoto

Re: Script access to tags?

Post by trixmoto »

I'd just like to bump this rather old post - any chance we're likely to see this happen developers?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.