listing by album and number

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

homebrew

listing by album and number

Post by homebrew »

I cant seem to get the album and songs and track numbers in order.. what am i doing wrong?
rusty

Listing by album and number

Post by rusty »

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'll try to provide some info that might help:
-When any Album is selected, tracks are ordered automatically according to their track number. Track numbers are set in the Track Number column (or in the track number field under properties)--not using the numeric identifier to the left of the track title.
-When Now Playing or a Playlist is selected, the numeric identifier at the left is indicative of the order in which the track will be played (i.e. it has nothing to do with the track number). To change playback order, simply drag and drop tracks within the Now Playing node or within a Playlist.

Hope this helps.

-Rusty
jaxjon

Post by jaxjon »

jaxjon

Post by jaxjon »

Also when viewing individual album nodes if you have your filenames as <track>-<title> then your album will always be in order by track then title, as the filename is read from left to right in order. Since there should be no doubles of track numbers then it should be in order 01,02,03 etc. If filename set to <title>-<track> then order will be by title first.
I have mine set to <artist> - <album> - <track> - <title> for albums with only 1 artist and <album> - <track> - <title> - <artist> for multiple artist albums.

Hope this helps.

Jaxjon
homebrew

thanks

Post by homebrew »

This is a Really cool program. I wish you didnt have to resort all the time but other whys very kewl. :lol:
rusty

resorting

Post by rusty »

We hope to improve the resorting problems in an upcoming release.