MM b4: Filter "Tracks per Artist" working improper

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Pablo

MM b4: Filter "Tracks per Artist" working improper

Post by Pablo »

Sorry if this has been reported - haven't been following this forum too carefully.

When creating a filter with a "Tracks per Artist >= N" condition, not only artists with at least N tracks are shown, but also those artists who share at least one track with an artist with more than N tracks.

For example, if I have 110 tracks by U2, one joint track by U2 and B.B.King (Artist='U2;B.B.King'), and no other tracks by B.B.King, then if I create a filter with the condition "Tracks per Artist >= 100", U2 will be there as expected, but B.B.King will also be there.

Although I haven't checked, it's likely the same occurs with similar conditions like "Tracks per Album".
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, but it only shows the track common to U2 and B.B.King, no other tracks from B.B.King, isn't it?
And this is supposed to be.

Note: "Tracks per Artist >= N" is still supposed to be a track property!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Ludek wrote:Yes, but it only shows the track common to U2 and B.B.King, no other tracks from B.B.King, isn't it?
And this is supposed to be.

Note: "Tracks per Artist >= N" is still supposed to be a track property!
I haven't checked but if that's the case, how is that "supposed to be"? :o . If i specify Tracks Per Artist >= 100 and I browse the Artist node, I don't expect to see Artists with only one track. The fact that the lone track is shared with a popular Artist shouldn't make a difference there.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Well, currently the logic is that tracks are filtered somehow and other properties are shown accordingly then. I.e. in this case, the condition 'Tracks Per Artist >= 100' means 'Show me all tracks in my Library, where performing artist has at least 100 tracks'.

I see your point Pablo, but your suggested implementation could cause some problems - e.g. if/when we implement 'Find more from...' also for other artists than only the first one, it wouldn't work in this filter.

Jiri