Non-compatibly issues after updates (both MM and itunes for ipod touch)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

primaveralillie

Non-compatibly issues after updates (both MM and itunes for ipod touch)

Post by primaveralillie »

Hello

I've recently switched back over to an ipod device. The Touch is a far cry from the simplicity and usefulness of the Classic, but I was making it work. In this slowdown with Corona I've had some time to work on my library and playlists, and both MM and itunes for my device offered a software update. I've done both, and now my transferred content from MM does not appear in my ipod. As far as MM is concerned, it shows that it's there. But it doesn't appear either in itunes (it used to) nor on the device itself.

I have no way of knowing if either of the updates caused this, but I also have no way of returning to my non-updated software situation. I have a feeling this is more the problem of the i device, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any insight. I also have no ability to go into an apple store and check it out with a "Genius." So I'm relying on the web community.

Thoughts?
Lowlander

Re: Non-compatibly issues after updates (both MM and itunes for ipod touch)

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey, iOS, iTunes and Windows are you using?
primaveralillie

Latest update for MM for Windows 4.1.27.1897
ITouch software 12.4.6
ITunes version 12.10.2.3- I do not use it in any way to handle my music, however latest versions require it to run while I have the ITouch plugged into the computer
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
are you saying that iTunes wiped your music synced by MM ?
If you sync with MM again: Is the music re-added or MM is still seeing the track deadlinks ?

I guess that if the music really isn't there and isn't visible by iTouch nor iTunes then also MM does not see the music and syncing with MM will add the music back to iTouch?
primaveralillie

OK so a bit of background to make things clearer. Nothing has WIPED, but new playlists created in MM and copied to Ipod are not appearing in actual ipod.

I don't sync my whole library to my portable device (itouch). Instead I hand pick playlists I have created in MM to add to it.

When I uploaded newest versions of Media Monkey and Ipod Touch software this new thing happened:
My Ipod would appear in MM.
I would add a new playlist to the Ipod.
If you looked at the Ipod in MM it would display that the playlist had been added.
When I look at my Ipod, the playlist is not there.
When I look at my Itunes, the playlist is not there. (It used to show it as part of the ipod file tree.)

And yes, I have tried turning it off and turning it on again - all of it, several times. No change.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I cannot replicate, could you please generate debug log (item 4b here https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=6&t=341 ) to analyze