Playlists aren't being synched anymore

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Pablo2k1

Playlists aren't being synched anymore

Post by Pablo2k1 »

Hey all,

I hope y'all can help. I created 3 playlists in Mediamonkey and they appeared on my iPod touch 32 GB. But I restored the iPod using iTunes and now, after synching with MM (I'm using 4.14) they don't appear on my iPod nor in the tree in MM under iPod->Playlists. What gives? I didn't change anything in MM, so auto-sync->device collections playlist box is still checked.

Thanks in advance!
Ludek

Re: Playlists aren't being synched anymore

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
if you right-click one of the playlists in media tree and select Send to > iPod
does it work?
Pablo2k1

Post by Pablo2k1 »

Yes, that seems to work. But how did this come about? I have never had to do this separately. I'd much rather have this done automatically when pressing auto-sync.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, I just wanted to ensure that there is no "transfer" problem.

i.e. the issue is that the playlists are not considered to be the part of the sync-list for some reason.
Are you sure that you checked them on sync-list?
Click the iPod node in media tree, go to [Auto Sync (--> Device)] tab and try to check just the tested playlist on the sync-list and press [Apply] and then [Auto-sync], does it work?
If yes, try to check further playlists and test.
Pablo2k1

Post by Pablo2k1 »

Thanks, but yes I had "playlists" checked under "collections".
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

ok, so could you please either:

a) generate debug log using the DbgView (item 4b here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69 ) and post it?

OR

b) compress (using zip) your database (Users/[you]/AppData/Roaming/MediaMonkey/MM.DB) and post it?

There must be something causing that the playlists are not considered to be on the sync list.
You can use a free file hosting service (Box, Drop Box, Rapid Share, FileDropper, etc.) and share the link here or PM it to me.