Using Mediamonkey through the net / cloud / other solution

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

martinstephenbanks

Using Mediamonkey through the net / cloud / other solution

Post by martinstephenbanks »

Hi all,

I am looking to lean on your superior expertise and knowledge of Mediamonkey to help me get the most out of it and not need another solution.

What I want to achieve is to be able to listen to my music collection (via the internet somehow) on my laptop and if possible also on my phone and ipad. My MP3s reside on my PC, so I imagine I somehow have to move the collection to the cloud or something like that or somehow allow other devices to read from my hard drive.

Does anyone know if this is possible in MM and if so, what do I need to do to take advantage of this feature.

If the only place I can achieve it is on my laptop (NB it is a MacBook, so not Windows, not sure if that poses a problem) then I will be content with that but if I can get it on my phone and iPad too that would be great.

Thanks fellow MM lovers :)
nohitter151

Re: Using Mediamonkey through the net / cloud / other soluti

Post by nohitter151 »

This is not possible with MM (yet). We may have this to look forward to in future versions.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 20&t=75088

Although DLNA isn't designed for this it is possible to get it working.
martinstephenbanks

That looks outstanding Lowlander, thank you very much. It just hits one snag... I get that stupid Access Violation if I use a version beyond 4.0.3 :(

I have posted on here in frustration many times in the past and the only solution I found at the time was to backdate my version to 4.0.3. At that time I was using XP on a very dated machine. Sooooo.... I bought a new computer. This one is Windows 7 (I REALLY didn't want Windows 8 I'm afraid), so I thought my troubles would've been over when I ported everything onto my new machine. But sadly I hit exactly the same problem!! I couldn't tell you why I got it again when it is an entirely new machine with different profiles and everything. I first got the issue when I created a new User profile for my daughter (and ran into some issues with my own profile disappearing because I'd always used Administrator to that point so I even had to do the Ctrl-Alt-Del twice every time I rebooted to make my profile appear!) so I was pretty convinced it was related to that but obviously not as my new one only has me as a User.

So we either go back to the infuriating 3 or 4 pop up boxes for every action I take (literally every rating, every genre populated, every track that starts and finishes, every track that burns in I would get 3 or 4 boxes for each listed!) OR maybe there is an easier solution that would meet me in the middle, which is to have it work just on my PC and my laptop whenever I am within the Wifi of my own house. This isn't perfect but would certainly be a big help because then I could play my collection in my basement game room / mancave instead of having to use Spotify and YouTube (which doesn't have lots of amazing but little known artists)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you ever send in a debug log attached to a support ticket? That generally allows developers to figure out the problem.
martinstephenbanks

Lowlander wrote:Did you ever send in a debug log attached to a support ticket? That generally allows developers to figure out the problem.
I believe so, but I couldn't be 100% sure. I installed the debug version and sent quite a few of the pop up windows with a description of what I was doing at the time. Is that the same thing as you are referring to?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, I'm saying to open a support ticket and attaching a debug log. This way you'll get feedback on the problem as not all issues are caused by MediaMonkey (and they can't fix user environment issues in MediaMonkey).
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

martinstephenbanks wrote:
Lowlander wrote:Did you ever send in a debug log attached to a support ticket? That generally allows developers to figure out the problem.
I believe so, but I couldn't be 100% sure. I installed the debug version and sent quite a few of the pop up windows with a description of what I was doing at the time. Is that the same thing as you are referring to?
To send a debug log you use the debug window and a secondary program to capture/generate the log. Look at the link in my signature for reporting errors.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig